ID Help - Jurassic Park Plates

Not really, the deco will easily be felt as a raised area while I can digital print it on laminated clear in a circle large enough to fill the bottom of the plate so tat the edge is all but invisible thus you have no visible edge. Can also laser it with ceramic to achieve the black or several other techniques I use to look factory not home done.

Yes, I have looked at it, but you cannot ( and I have done it ) get it thin enough to not feel the difference in both texture and thickness, the edge will be there, give it a try. You would have to coat the plate to the start of the upwards curve to eliminate the difference, doing it that way may actually work, getting a clean line, now that's a whole new ball game. If you get a plate I would gladly laserblack it for you or do it like I did the Styrofoam plate for you.

Yes, I have looked at it, but you cannot ( and I have done it ) get it thin enough to not feel the difference in both texture and thickness, the edge will be there, give it a try. You would have to coat the plate to the start of the upwards curve to eliminate the difference, doing it that way may actually work, getting a clean line, now that's a whole new ball game. If you get a plate I would gladly laserblack it for you or do it like I did the Styrofoam plate for you.

:lol styrofoam plate? You must be thinking of someone else I'm afraid :p

Just wanted to pop in and proclaim this prop is officially underway! :D along with photos

JPlate1.jpg JPlate2.jpg JPlate3.jpg JPlate4.jpg JPlate5.jpg JPlate6.jpg JPlate7.jpg

Got some 8.66 inch(exactly 22 cm) "Salad/Dessert" plates and have more on the way. So I'm going to start experimenting(on cheap old plates naturally! ;)) and I'll post results later.

About the size of the plate I would love some help since I haven't got a clue which one is seen in the film. According to replacements.com there is also a dinner plate size 10 and 7/8 inch and a "Service plate" which is 12 1/8 inch....

Wow, this is great news man! Pls do keep us posted
I'd risk saying 10 inch is ok (12 seems a bit big IMO). But it's just a wild guess as we don't know the real size of the plates

Nothing ?

Something! ;)

Got a dozen plates and have been checking with a few printing companies, waiting to hear back from a few at the moment. Lets just say they are real expensive to say the least. Also have been experimenting with different sizes of the printed logo. And I bought a total of 24 oz of mod podge... so it's just a matter of the printed logo and the most important issue, money for said logo :p

I will get around 50 printed logos on thin plastic film.

Last edited:
Something! ;)

Got a dozen plates and have been checking with a few printing companies, waiting to hear back from a few at the moment. Lets just say they are real expensive to say the least. Also have been experimenting with different sizes of the printed logo. And I bought a total of 24 oz of mod podge... so it's just a matter of the printed logo and the most important issue, money for said logo :p

I will get around 50 printed logos on thin plastic film.

Good! That's something. Thanks. Let's hope you can get them done not too pricey :)
Pls do keep in touch

Good! That's something. Thanks. Let's hope you can get them done not too pricey :)
Pls do keep in touch

Will do :)

"We spared no expense" - That is John Hammond's thing, me, I save every penny I can. As long as it doesn't hurt accuracy. One reason I spent over $86 on just getting the logo professionally scanned(then remade in illustrator for FREE ;) by myself)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back