ICONS UNEARTHED: STAR WARS featuring Marcia Lucas interview

I think that SW showed the audience, and the World in general, that a lot of people were needed to build those models/props that we all love and try to re-create (as we have seen some members doing just that over the years:cool::cool:(y)(y):notworthy::notworthy:)!
They had names, faces and the behind the scene pics added to the magic!

Apart from Trumbull or Brian Johnson; can anybody name many others who contributed to that iconic movie called "2001 A Space Odyssey"?
No, because these very talented artists were never as exposed as the ones working for ILM!

We learned, later (since most of the filming was done in the U.K.) that a lot of those same artists (Freeborn and all) worked for "2001 ASO" alsoo_O
A lot of the UK guys switched between TV and Movies..
I cant off the top of my head name more than a couple..
Jonathan Angel worked on many including Outland and Bob Keen had his own crew and did the effects on the early Hellraiser and Nightbreed I seem to remember.
I was invited to the set of Outland as mums workplace did some electroplating for the movie.
I know a lot of the Dr Who guys did both TV and Films but namewise ?

I would say it was the time thing but movies have pretty much always had people taking photos onset and b crews shot film for the director we just don't get to see as much but certainly 8mm cameras and later 35 mm and digital cameras meant it was harder to stop leaked images and brought in the no camera/phone rule on most sets but that's another matter.
I guess its what sticks with and wanted by the general public combined with a monetary value too and if its avaliable..
Iook at the price of movie props and copies of props..

Last edited:
Not sure if its been answered already but..

Who was
The Icon Unearthed ?
If it was Marcia she's only in maybe five maybe ten minutes of a six hour show with lots of re used talking head type shots to pad out Episodes ?

Was it the voice of the “shrieking / shouting old man” that they kept using in the clips regarding George’s father (who the filmmakers seemed to try to portray as one of George’s “personal demons” that motivated him)?

67F1A226-9CBB-49A5-97C6-89D563642EB3.jpeg

Last edited:
Was it the voice of the “shouting man” that they kept using in the clips regarding George’s father (who the filmmakers seemed to try to portray as one of George’s ‘personal demons’ that motivated him)?

View attachment 1611630

…and this is why we love you, ALLEY. I didn’t mention that repetitive (and presumptuous) bit from the documentary, but it certainly made an impression.

I half-expected to see a recreation of George’s childhood, with an actor playing his father (dressed in black and breathing heavily). Always nice to see presumptive psychoanalysis troweled into what is supposedly a documentary.

A lot of the UK guys switched between TV and Movies..
I cant off the top of my head name more than a couple..
Jonathan Angel worked on many including Outland and Bob Keen had his own crew and did the effects on the early Hellraiser and Nightbreed I seem to remember.
I was invited to the set of Outland as mums workplace did some electroplating for the movie.
I know a lot of the Dr Who guys did both TV and Films but namewise ?

I would say it was the time thing but movies have pretty much always had people taking photos onset and b crews shot film for the director we just don't get to see as much but certainly 8mm cameras and later 35 mm and digital cameras meant it was harder to stop leaked images and brought in the no camera/phone rule on most sets but that's another matter.
I guess its what sticks with and wanted by the general public combined with a monetary value too and if its avaliable..
Iook at the price of movie props and copies of props..
Absolutely; a lot of U.K. Sci-Fi shows (Gerry and Sylvia Anderson to name the big ones (y) :cool:) were crewed with artists that were hired on big movies and back to T.V./commercial work and vice-versa when the gig was done. Now, we know their names (finally) and recognize their immense talents. It's just that we went backward into knowing who was doing what: we got SW's and ILM artists... and then that fan base started to research other Sci-Fi movies/T.V. shows and learned of these U.K. blokes creating a look that paved the way for the look/design of countless blockbusters and T.V. shows!

Absolutely; a lot of U.K. Sci-Fi shows (Gerry and Sylvia Anderson to name the big ones (y) :cool:) were crewed with artists that were hired on big movies and back to T.V./commercial work and vice-versa when the gig was done. Now, we know their names (finally) and recognize their immense talents. It's just that we went backward into knowing who was doing what: we got SW's and ILM artists... and then that fan base started to research other Sci-Fi movies/T.V. shows and learned of these U.K. blokes creating a look that paved the way for the look/design of countless blockbusters and T.V. shows!
I was practically brought up on Captain Scarlet and Stingray the model work was superb! Not forgetting Dr Who and Blakes7..

I was practically brought up on Captain Scarlet and Stingray the model work was superb! Not forgetting Dr Who and Blakes7..
I was brought up on Supercar, Fireball XL5, Stingray, Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet, Joe 90, UFO and finally Space 1999 :cool: :cool: (y) (y)
In Belgium, at the time, we didn't have Dr. Who or Blakes7:(

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back