Ice - Finished - WIP Plastic & Garage Kits - Customs

Ice1

Sr Member
I Finished this up today. I like how it turned out. Was going to paint with color but I deiced not to. I wanted some thing diffrent. Will post better pics tomorrow.

dscn1011lt3.jpg.png

dscn1011lt3.jpg.png

WOW, I really like how that looks. FANTASTIC!!!!!! :) :p :p

And the cool part is all the detail stands out even more with the Bronze look.

How many different shades of colors did you use?

AL :)

WOW, I really like how that looks. FANTASTIC!!!!!! :) :p :p

And the cool part is all the detail stands out even more with the Bronze look.

How many different shades of colors did you use?

AL :)

On him I used 3 shades of copper then added a green color over that in some areas. Just to make it look like it turning green, you know how copper turns green after awhile.

Thanks guys! More pics. There are areas still I want to touch up and add a couple of things to the statue or the base. Oh I broke the lower teeth for a reason.

DSCN1012.jpg

DSCN1013.jpg

DSCN1014.jpg

DSCN1015.jpg

DSCN1016.jpg

DSCN1017.jpg

DSCN1018.jpg

May I make a suggestion if you don't mind.....the green looks good. But.....

Take some aqua, sea blue, or patina and use a small paintbrush and drybrush it in some of the small crevises, it will give you an even more deeper tarnished look.

Or maybe a wash of these blues in certain areas would work too.

Just a suggestion, other than that, it looks fantastic. Great pics too. :) :p :p

Al :)

Cool I'll give this a try...

May I make a suggestion if you don't mind.....the green looks good. But.....

Take some aqua, sea blue, or patina and use a small paintbrush and drybrush it in some of the small crevises, it will give you an even more deeper tarnished look.

Or maybe a wash of these blues in certain areas would work too.

Just a suggestion, other than that, it looks fantastic. Great pics too. :) :p :p

Al :)

Here's some thing I've been working on. Been a little busy to paint anything at the moment. Took me about 2 days to put together maybe 3. The hair on this kit wasn't cooperating with me lol. So I used a heat gun to bend them the way I wanted them.

Glue and clear resin did the trick on this puppy. Not much to do on the kit.. Was able to get some industrial super glue, we use at work to tack together and used some clear resin on the seems. I'm almost done with it, was going to add some other things to the kit. To make it look a little diffrent.

The kit came with the two head options, Helmet and no helmet. Came with also a hand holding his spear and came with a skull. So far I like how it looks. Kits amazingly detailed. I have a recast version of this kit, It doesn't even come close to looking this good. Its the one you paint not a clear version....

I'll have more pictures soon. Not done with it yet...

G01.jpg

G02.jpg

G03.jpg

G04.jpg

G05.jpg

G06.jpg

G01.jpg

G02.jpg

G03.jpg

G04.jpg

G05.jpg

G06.jpg

Whoa.. that's pretty cool! I'm not a fan of the clear stuff, but that looks really good. The last pic looks especially good.

I think "Gort" is the kit manufacturer's name. I think.

I'm not a fan of the clear stuff

I always thought the "stealth" figures were a ridiculous idea to begin with... until someone posted a couple of pics here of a stealth he had painted as "decloaking", with parts clear, parts regularly painted and other parts in blue, sparkling transformation... looked killer!!

Thats lethal, absolutely class! P2 didn't have a sword but the detail on that kit is amazing. Personally wouldn't paint it as I love the look. Best of luck with it

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back