I used an Artificial Toe as a Anakin Skywalker Lightsaber Emitter

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by Country Paul, May 17, 2012.

1. Country Paul

Country Paul Sr Member

Hi,

I'm new here (first post)

I bought a Cheap empty/hollow MR Force FX Anakin Skywaler ROTS hilt from ebay (can't afford the "proper" MR Hilt) as the 3rd of my Graflex's.

I didn't like the hollow look next to my other hilts so looked for what I had around the house that could be used as a blade plug/emmiter

I ended up using an Amber Flex Artifical Toe Replacement that I'd got from work (Hospital Theatre) & some foam padding from a guitar stand to hold it in place, not 100% screen accurate I'm sure, but it made me happy & can easily be popped out & changed.

Funny thing is a toe replacement is probably alot more expensive than a MR Hilt :lol (don't worry it's not a used one).

so was wondering, has anyone here ever used anything weirder than a Artificial replacement Toe in a prop?

2. sjorsjo91

sjorsjo91 Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Wow I use a lot of found and used stuff that lays around my house but this must be the most unusual thing EVER. It looks briljant but i bet you will get a whole lot of strange looking faces when you tell what your blade plug is made of XD.

You could say that it was a weird accident when you tried to kick the saber XD

Anyway it looks amazing and it looks better than my blade plug. Which is made from salvaged parts from a ventolin diskus, my breather device. I am kinda asmatic :p

3. Clutch

Clutch Master Member

Use the foot, Luke!

4. Skyler101

Skyler101 Sr Member

Someone is limping cause you wanted a prop replica..

NICE! :p :p :p

-Skyler101

5. WarPig

WarPig Sr Member

Guess you have the only digital lightsaber around! :lol

6. lharles

lharles Well-Known Member

Nice. :) {In the HIC I'm building now, at one point I had to block/dam the glue flow to certain areas of the glue pour. Wound up using paper towels & shredded paper. SO, our HIC now contains sensitive personal information & expired credit cards, among other things. :D }

7. Luke0312

Luke0312 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'm just posting because I couldn't miss the chance to have my name associated with what I believe will go down as a major breaktrough in the annals of saber building.

8. Jay1138

Jay1138 Active Member

Very unusual, but from your picture it seems to have worked great -good job!

9. Robiwon

Robiwon Master Member Gone but not forgotten.

10. ed-209

ed-209 Sr Member

TOE-tally COOL!!!

11. Country Paul

Country Paul Sr Member

Ha Ha, thanks for your comments, I wasn't sure if anyone would think this post was worthy of a reply, I've seen some of the amazing things that get built on here.

If I was going to be specific it's the 3rd toe (middle one) I have all 5! I Would have rather used one of the smaller ones for the emitter but this fit the hole in the foam tube I used to plug the hilt & I did it in 2mins while the kettle was boiling,

When I saw them at work I thought "that could be part of a lightsaber" they were going out of date (sterilised surgical implants have expiry dates) so were just being thrown away & I salvaged them,

I've got an artificial hip joint somewhere which I'll have to find a use for now :lol

I've also used the little metal cases from tea lights a few times but I guess that's not nearly as interesting.

12. Interceptor6

Interceptor6 Sr Member

This thread certainly got off on the right foot!
    I love obscure bits!!
    Jeff

13. Eaglewood

Eaglewood Sr Member

Im kicking myself that I didnt think of that LOL

14. ObiWanJason

ObiWanJason New Member

Cool...and creepy all at the same time. Ya know, Anakins' saber DID fly through the air before landing on the ground, so who's to say... It Coulda happened !!!