I Used 7 Days Painted 1:2 Size AVP Celtic Predator Bust

sammycstsui

Hi Bros , I finished this today after using 42 hours. Below I have described a few painting processes to achieve the final look.

There was a little bit of excess material on the mould which i had to remove and mend before painting. I added 2 plastic dreads on each side by using a baby drill for added effect. Next I added the air pipes going into the BIO which are springs. The lenses looked really common before so I replaced them stainless steel netting. I also added hand knitted black netting to the predator body to make it look more dramatic. For the armor I normally use a dark finish to begin with and then lightly brush the chrome silver onto the armor surface and then brushing it off gently to resemble the worn armor effect. The skin colours used were referenced from the movie and added spots were also done by myself. The colour used for the dread, matte black, also the rings on the dreads were painted in the same way as the armour using the brushing technique for the bronze effect.

What do you think ?

DSC01214.jpg.gif

DSC01215.jpg.gif

DSC01217.jpg.gif

DSC01218.jpg.gif

DSC01219.jpg.gif

DSC01220.jpg.gif

DSC01221.jpg.gif

DSC01222.jpg.gif

DSC01223.jpg.gif

DSC01224.jpg.gif

DSC01225.jpg.gif

Thank you all for looking at my work!

Thank you All , more painted kits coming and will post on lair soon. I lost my job due to company closure, so I have alot more time to paint. :)

VERY well put together VERY nicely painted, you are definitely talented man! :)

I really need to get mine painted up, but it's so big! Where will you display this newest work?

VERY well put together VERY nicely painted, you are definitely talented man! :)

I really need to get mine painted up, but it's so big! Where will you display this newest work?

Thanks for your feedback bro !!! , always nice to see my work being appreciated. Yes this model is a Bust and its massive. I will consider selling it if I needed the money. :)

Great work mate.

Do you mind telling me what colors and brand you used for this one ?

kind regards

jimmy

Thanks Jimmy ! , I used a varitation of different paints for many different parts of the predator. Firstly for the predator skin, I used Paints from Japan which are ( Mr. Color #318 Radomeand and a drop #329 Yellow FS13538 ) for the mix. For the spots I normally start with lighter colours followed with the dark to create shadow effects, the paints I tend to use are ( Tamiya Color main is #X-22 Clear and a drop of #X-26 Clear Orange and also #X-19 Clear Grey ) for the mix. I also added some darker spots using ( #X-1 Light Black ) for added effect. For the armour I used ( Mr.Metal Color #Chrome Silver and Tamiya Color #XF-1 Flat Black ) for my model, purely because I wanted the worn effect with a hint of bronze to stay true to the movies. But this is entirely up to your personal taste.

I hope this has been of help.

Sammy

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back