I thought I'd show you

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

spazjoel

what I like to do with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop

I call this one "Gort crown" I know not very inventive but it is descriptive.
start with a line drawing
Agortmod.jpg

basic shading and export from Illustrator
gortmod.jpg

now add more depth, color, and textures with Photoshop
gortmodgreen.jpg

then continue beating it up a little more and decide on a color change
gortcrown.jpg

and it's finished! these were shrunk 75% from the size I work on them at. if you'd like to see any full size feel free to PM me.
I'll probably work on more. I have another concept I'm thinking about, and if anyone else has any concepts I might be willing to try and give them this treatment for you if I think it is cool enough in my eyes to keep my interest for the time it takes to do one of these. cause it takes awhile. and I would hate to get anyone's hopes up just to lose interest

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

spazjoel

so this is the sketch I did a while ago that I wanted to base my next Bio concept on.
1sketch.jpg

and this is what it looks like out of Illustrator
spear.jpg

but those proportions won't actually work for a real, in you hands mask. and since if I ever get the money together for materials, this is the Bio I want to make. I'm gonna redo the proportions to make it a little awesomer. so expect another update soon with the newly proportioned Bio concept based on the same details.

Estelle

ohhh man. I'm digging that sketch..love the heavy tribal look the pred's attire has.
~Estelle

spazjoel

@Estelle Thanks that's definately the look I was going for:)
@Dracon the full pred was pencil on paper that I took a picture with a digital cam cause I don't have a scanner but I erased the backround with Photoshop otherwise the whole pic would be that orange tint.

spazjoel

OK, so here is the new proportionally correct shape for the "Spearpoint" Bio
daggerlines.jpg

dagger.jpg

prepare for the textured Photoshop version probably tomorrow.

and last a "sneak peek" at an upcoming drawing.
facelines.jpg

Darth Pinhead

Looking great, brother. Love how you're making use of both platforms though, which version of Photoshop are you using?

sonic7o7

wow, that looks awesome. keep up the good work bro. it would be cool to see your art made into a wearable bio.

spazjoel

so I ended up doing two different paintups for that Bio I was working on
spearpoint1.jpg

spearpoint.jpg

I think I like the second one better.

Dracon

OK, so here is the new proportionally correct shape for the "Spearpoint" Bio
daggerlines.jpg

dagger.jpg

prepare for the textured Photoshop version probably tomorrow.

and last a "sneak peek" at an upcoming drawing.
facelines.jpg

Now that is cool...the head shot is excellent. Looking forward to more. :)

spazjoel

Okay here's the headshot I was working on.
P1ish2.jpg

another Bio concept I started
Roninlines.jpg

and a finished Bio concept based on another famous cloaking killer.
greyfox.jpg

and as always thanks for looking!

spazjoel

here's the latest
finished the last line drawing
Ronin2.jpg

and started "Spearpoint" from an angle instead of just straight on.
spearpointanglelines-1.jpg

spearpointangle.jpg

hellonearth

i really like all the concepts man, you got a handle on that photoshop too.

totally seals the deal on my decision to splurge on some graphics software

now you just need to try to sculpt one!! they really are cool dude! it would be worth the effort.