I think It's time... THE USM PETER BAGLEY STYLE SUIT BUILD (Suggestions are welcome)

The New Blood

Hello guys and gals, you have seen me here and there contributing what I can to the Spidey community! Well after doing much of my homework for over a year, I now have the funds/resources to start working on my first suit. Before I go into this build I will tell you roughly to how I got here. I would also like to thank Orhadar, TheNickFox, and Zach Luna, and the rest of this great Spidey community for helping me to get me this far. :D

When I was little visiting my Aunt, and she gave me a toy. This toy was a Spider-Man helicopter toy with a Spider-Man mini comic, this is what it looked like
$T2eC16h,!zgFIdZohL4pBSI+N9p6TQ~~60_35.JPG
I didn't really care for the toy but played with it anyway but loved the comic, it was the first comic I had ever read and maybe the first time I was introduced to Spider-Man period!

The Rami movies fueled my love for the character and got the Walmart mask and glove set and went around in the living room thwipping webs and pretending to have a secret identity.

Back in maybe 2008-09ish I saw the trailer for the Ultimate Spider-Man Clone Saga and I was fascinated and curious and researched it and found out about the 616 universe and a lot more about Spidey.

I looked up to Spidey as a father figure when it came to 616 Spidey but looked up to him as an other brother In USM. I cried like a baby when Ultimate Spider-Man died and felt like a loved one died.

Now thinking about it, it's when I started to try to research in Spidey suits but just got fed up with it and quit for a while. Cut to a little bit over a year ago I started to try to make a Spider-Man pattern.

TheNickFox helped with an image of his pattern for people to trace and I used Google Sketchup to make the outline(didn't know how to use Photoshop's pen tool) and it was a pain and just made the red and blue sections of the suit and started to try selling the pattern on Listia. Didn't get me anywhere.

Later I bough a Spidey mask print at Etsy from a username of Hollywoodofdesigns I think. I used two $25 prepaid cards because the print was 30, but something happen and he said his wife decided to take out all the money from both cards. I told him about it but he didn't do anything about it. To spite him I tried tracing the mask pieces when I cut them out and made a black and red lycra mask from those templates. The masks were hand sewn which was a pain in the but, though they came out great, just kept messing up cutting out the eye holes and learned from those mistakes.

Cut to a little over a year ago I learned more stuff on Photoshop and used TheNickFox's pattern and traced it in photoshop. It took me a month to do, but I was happy with myself with the results. Started to make An Alex Ross Version of the pattern and later one of my concept patterns.

I then got the idea to start selling patterns again but work out a better system. I used Ken's muscle base to enhance my work (thanks ken for those open source files!!! I made some custom patterns for people but most of the time they end telling me they couldn't pay me to get the file making all that time working on those patterns worthless, but some customers were genuine which I am grateful for.

To get attention for my "business I made a free pattern, the USM Peter Mark Bagley pattern, and I will say it got me more noticed than before which I'm happy about.

Cut to now, after over a year's worth of research and over a decade of loving the character and comic series that got me into comics. I wanna pay my respects to USM Spidey by making my dream suit.

So far I have made the file, and know a guy willing to print and sew the suit for a great deal with thekidthatdidit.

To preserve the colors and prevent the suit from fading while stretched I will probably go over the back of the fabric with Fabric markers accordingly, I've seen that its mess free and you can be precise and get great results.

For zippers I will probably go for the back U-Zip, and a mask zipper for now. The mask will be separate.

For the facehsell I was going to use Crazydog500's , but it's too big for me, so I might try buying a toy mask and modifying it.

For the webshooters I'm not sure yet.

For the lenses I wanna find the material for the frames of this mask.

spiderman-red-black-lycra-mexican-wrestling-lucha-libre-mask-halloween-mask-costume.jpg

If you know where I can get this plastic-like material please send me a link to it. for the white part of the eyes I wanna use a see through white Lycra mesh

I am going to attach the frames to the mask via, Velcro dots, the fuz dots will go on the frames and the scrubby dots will go on the mask so when I put the frames on the mask and miss the scrubby dot, it won't harm the mask. I think this will be a lot cleaner and easier than using glue to put the frames on the mask and the fact I can't use magnets since the frames are fabric-like.

VLC-2__54528.jpg

For the feet I'm going to use size 12 Van's slip-ons. I'm going to cut a hole at the bottom of the feet of the suit and stretch it over the shoes.
buyers-guide-slip-ons-vans-og-classic-white-630x419-0.jpg

I will only puffy paint the Spiders.

For getting into shape I basically do 6 different lifts each day for four days a week to get in shape all around (need to work on abs the most though)

That was a lot to type haha, but anyways guys tell me what you think. Also if you have any suggestions let me know. I will post pics on the pattern I made that I will use for this build at a later time.

$T2eC16h,!zgFIdZohL4pBSI+N9p6TQ~~60_35.JPG

spiderman-red-black-lycra-mexican-wrestling-lucha-libre-mask-halloween-mask-costume.jpg

buyers-guide-slip-ons-vans-og-classic-white-630x419-0.jpg

VLC-2__54528.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: I think It's time... THE USM PETER BAGLEY STYLE SUIT BUILD (Suggestions are welc

Excited to see this! Sub'd. I agree those lenses from that mask do give me a bagley feel.

Re: I think It's time... THE USM PETER BAGLEY STYLE SUIT BUILD (Suggestions are welc

Decided to show you basically what Pattern I am going to use. The version you see in this pic is my free pattern, but the slightly modified version that I will use to make my suit will be more comic accurate. I will post a pic of what the changes are once I get my suit. For the most part this is what pattern you will see on the suit.
watermark.png

Update-I am going to attach the frames to the mask via, Velcro dots, the fuz dots will go on the frames and the scrubby dots will go on the mask so when I put the frames on the mask and miss the scrubby dot, it won't harm the mask. I think this will be a lot cleaner and easier than using glue to put the frames on the mask and the fact I can't use magnets since the frames are fabric-like.

VLC-2__54528.jpg

Last edited:

A little update- For the feet I'm going to use size 12 Van's slip-ons instead of boxing shoes. I'm going to cut a hole at the bottom of the feet of the suit and stretch it over the shoes.

View attachment 410375

Update guys!

I made a 3D model of the frames to trace onto vinyl fabric. I posted these for free on my free file Bagley USM thread.

watermark.png

Another Update! I made a 3D model of the web shooters that I wanna use (because webbing needs to come out somewhere)

I might tweak the back ends, but for the most part I like them :) Should they be printed in bed or black?

watermark.png

I would go with red. Just so it won't stand out too much.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back