I notice no one is talking about Celebration 2020.

Leeway

Is it just a forgone conclusion it's not going to happen this year? And if it does somehow happen, is anyone here going?

Last edited:
If it’s on I’m going.

Might be ceremonial Luke and Boba Fett. Don’t think my Mando will be finished at the rate I’m going.

I imagine there won’t be SWC as it’s difficult to imagine which guests and vendors would want to be trapped in a closed space with thousands of people. Also travel restrictions would probably prevent a significant portion of non-US ticket holders from traveling to Anaheim in the first place.

There may be a few possibilities as to why ReedPop hasn’t cancelled SWC in contrast to SDCC which already cancelled their 2020 con. One possibility is that SWC/ReedPop didn’t buy enough insurance to cover a complete cancellation while SDCC did. Thus ReedPop may be holding out for any glimmer of hope. This might seem silly, but most businesses didn’t pay for event insurance that covers SARS/covid breakouts. In addition, in some instances some businesses did pay for covid insurance, and the insurance companies have denied their claims. Either way it’s a time consuming and uphill battle to collect and insurance payments.

A second possibility is that SWC/ReedPop’s insurance policy does cover a cancellation based on this pandemic, but certain markers need to be hit before there’s a payout. E.g., the state has to officially declare that no large gatherings of a certain number of people can occur, etc. if this is the case, then ReedPop would announce cancellation closer to the planned dates.

Another possibility is that the management at ReedPop is delusional. The risk of significant lawsuits arising from infected attendants far outweighs the profit from holding SWC in August.

Last edited:
There may be a few possibilities as to why ReedPop hasn’t cancelled SWC in contrast to SDCC which already cancelled their 2020 con. One possibility is that SWC/ReedPop didn’t buy enough insurance to cover a complete cancellation while SDCC did. Thus ReedPop may be holding out for any glimmer of hope. This might seem silly, but most businesses didn’t pay for event insurance that covers SARS/covid breakouts. In addition, in some instances some businesses did pay for covid insurance, and the insurance companies have denied their claims. Either way it’s a time consuming and uphill battle to collect and insurance payments.

A second possibility is that SWC/ReedPop’s insurance policy does cover a cancellation based on this pandemic, but certain markers need to be hit before there’s a payout. E.g., the state has to officially declare that no large gatherings of a certain number of people can occur, etc. if this is the case, then ReedPop would announce cancellation closer to the planned dates.

Another possibility is that the management at ReedPop is delusional. The risk of significant lawsuits arising from infected attendants far outweighs the profit from holding SWC in August.
I think you are spot on with your assessment here on why it hasn't been cancelled. I think they are waiting for Anaheim to make a move to justify them cancelling it.

I have a four-day pass and have been planning the trip since it was announced. With everything else being canceled everybody expects Celebration to be too but the fact they won’t let on what’s going on with 2.5 months before they show is incredibly irritating. I would prefer them to postpone it and if that was the case I would change my travel plans to make that new date. If it goes on though, honestly I’d sell my ticket because it’s not worth the possible risk and not worth the shell of a show it would probably be.

Are the tickets non refundable. Most places have been refunding if canceled due to the pandemic. I think it's the law right now.

They suspended comic con in tampa but now it's back on. We go every year but we're not going this year. My vacation is the week before my kids go back to school and I have my hotel already booked. Goal is Galaxys edge. I've been waiting 3 years for this.

Depending on how crowded Disneyland might be, you should consider whether to pay for a VIP tour, which would allow your group to skip the general lines. It’s not cheap, but it isn’t too bad if the cost is spread among ppl in the group. Each group can have a max of 10 people. Note that a significant number of SoCal locals are currently signing a petition to keep Disneyland closed during the pandemic:

EDIT. I see now that you were referring to Orlando’s Disneyworld and not Disneyland in Anaheim. Florida and California seem to have different approaches to the coronavirus, and thus what I wrote above isn’t necessarily applicable to disneyworld right now.

Are the tickets non refundable. Most places have been refunding if canceled due to the pandemic. I think it's the law right now.

They suspended comic con in tampa but now it's back on. We go every year but we're not going this year. My vacation is the week before my kids go back to school and I have my hotel already booked. Goal is Galaxys edge. I've been waiting 3 years for this.

I think they said VIP and fast pass were suspended

I’m not sure what they will do
All I can do is wait and hope

I sent them a note 2 months ago. My family is in the high risk category (asthmatics and 2members in their 80's) I asked for a refund even. They have not replied. Under the circumstances there should be an exception for those that can afford a little risk vs others who cannot even if they get the greenlight to open.

I sent them a note 2 months ago. My family is in the high risk category (asthmatics and 2members in their 80's) I asked for a refund even. They have not replied. Under the circumstances there should be an exception for those that can afford a little risk vs others who cannot even if they get the greenlight to open.
I think there is a law in place to force them to refund the money

I know ticket master was automatically refunding cancelled shows

The pin is a nice gesture but kinda underwhelming. If you roll over your passes to 2022, then Reedpop is basically benefitting from two years of interest off of you. I would have guessed that the thank you gift would be a bit better.
And if you’re a hardcore fan, you’ll probably rollover your passes, as the next show may very well celebrate the anniversary of ESB. If you have VIP passes, then you’ll almost definitely roll over.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back