I need some help with a custom tricorder project. I want to get started on.

NakedMoleRat

Master Member
I am going to design a mark three tricorder. Halfway between TOS and TNG’s season one model.

I don’t want to share too many details, but I am looking at all these awesome tricorder builds and I would very much love a small screen with animations on it.

I have no idea how to do any of that, I was thinking of getting a tiny electronic photo frame, and I’m wondering if loading it with pictures could make it like that? If anyone has any suggestions, please recommend them here.

Open to any option really.

Thank you.

Several people have been successful by taking an old smart phone and removing the SIM card. It is no longer a phone and so does not require service but can be a great little computer. With the right app installed it can play videos or animations or display slide shows. Hope this helps.

Yes. It depends on the effect you are trying to achieve. A constantly changing set of values like a real time monitor, or a set of snapshots, or the ability to change things up - perhaps depending on the function or "mode" the device is in. Also you can obviously also use a smart phone without taking out the sim card. However I do not want to pay for a service plan I do not plan to use, I do not like to get notifications for things like updates. or to get messages or phone call on my non-phone "device". Good luck. I am interested in seeing where you take this idea.

I am going to design a mark three tricorder. Halfway between TOS and TNG’s season one model.

I don’t want to share too many details, but I am looking at all these awesome tricorder builds and I would very much love a small screen with animations on it.

I have no idea how to do any of that, I was thinking of getting a tiny electronic photo frame, and I’m wondering if loading it with pictures could make it like that? If anyone has any suggestions, please recommend them here.

Open to any option really.

Thank you.
There are many ways to skin a Kaferian Apple. Best. Mike.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back