I need some advice

Emperor Chaos

I need some advice about keeping me, my costume and others safe at a convention from other people who have gone to a convention in a full suit costume. Is there anything I should know in advance before going to my first convention in a full suit, especially about the weapons like wrist blades?

hey buddy, heres what ive gotten from going to a few cons and etc,

1: you need a person helping you, somone who u trust to take care of you and ur suit,
2: ull barely be able to see so keep an eye out for where ur hands go and hit,
3: there may be aholes who mess with you, just keep ur cool and tell handler in advance to protect you,
4: dont worry about your blades, at cons noone has ever been told anything , my blades are all the way extended and ive had no problem
5: things will fall and break, DO NOT WORRY ABOUT THEM, ENJOY THE CON AND FIX LATER, always happens to me, so i improve later,
6: make a con kit, full of glue, tape, etc, bovine came up with the idea and is the best con companion, look in his treads and ull see it and what you need,
7: have fun and no matter what con youll always be the center of attention, you wont get many breaks since the crowd keeps wanting
pics so make sure your ready for con the day before, dont eat heavy and bring gatoraid, take breaks every 30 mins or 45,

HAVE FUN BRO,

hope this helped :lol:

hey buddy, heres what ive gotten from going to a few cons and etc,

1: you need a person helping you, somone who u trust to take care of you and ur suit,
2: ull barely be able to see so keep an eye out for where ur hands go and hit,
3: there may be aholes who mess with you, just keep ur cool and tell handler in advance to protect you,
4: dont worry about your blades, at cons noone has ever been told anything , my blades are all the way extended and ive had no problem
5: things will fall and break, DO NOT WORRY ABOUT THEM, ENJOY THE CON AND FIX LATER, always happens to me, so i improve later,
6: make a con kit, full of glue, tape, etc, bovine came up with the idea and is the best con companion, look in his treads and ull see it and what you need,
7: have fun and no matter what con youll always be the center of attention, you wont get many breaks since the crowd keeps wanting
pics so make sure your ready for con the day before, dont eat heavy and bring gatoraid, take breaks every 30 mins or 45,

HAVE FUN BRO,

hope this helped :lol:

Hey Thanks this info is a big help as I have never went to a Convention in a Predator costume before I did use my suit for this year’s Halloween and I found that my gauntlets are rather heavy and they gave me a bit of a shoulder ache.

Take the advice that has already been given, It is very good.

I will admit that I have not done a con in a pred yet since I am just starting out, but I am a 3 year Dragon Con vet along with several other big cons around the country in my Mandalorian and my Sith Lord. I have to agree with everything that has been said already, especially to make sure you have a repair kit with you and be prepared for something to happen. I have lost pieces off my kits before and during troops and have had to plug in my hot glue gun in the back of a room at a panel and re-glue part of my kit.

Also as said before, hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Try to stay away from soda and yes alcohol the night before you troop, and the day you troop. They will actually dehydrate you and in a full body suit, you will need as much water as you can.

I would also give you a piece of advice that I haven’t seen yet. Keep your head and eyes moving when you are walking around. Even with spotters there will be times when you have to rely on your own eyes to see what is around you. This will also help you see people that may not have the nerve to walk up to you for a pic but would love to get one of you.

Good luck on you first troop and make sure you post the experience when you are done.

This is great advice guys Thank you all for the advice and not giving me the cold should. :lol:
I will put it all to use and make up a good repair kit for my suit asap.
I got about 6 months to finish up my suit. I have some of it done but I still need P1 gauntlets and I need to make the backpack and the shoulder armor and feet. It's really hard for me to buy most pred parts here, It seems that no one makes P1 gauntlets anymore.
I guess I'll keep an eye out on ebay, till it's about a month before the Convention as then i'll just make some.
Here are a few pics of what I made and or finished up, I have to redo my gauntlets as one of my blades broke off and repaint my skin top.
I will post the experience when get done.

quickpaintup.jpg.gif

quickpaintup3.jpg.gif

quickpaintup1.jpg.gif

predatorbloodlableonbloodbag.jpg.gif

IMG_5023.jpg.gif

IMG_5103.jpg.gif

IMG_5067.jpg.gif

SECPredatorShoulderCannonandIcon-1.jpg.gif

Thanks again guys!
S.E.C

quickpaintup.jpg.gif

quickpaintup3.jpg.gif

quickpaintup1.jpg.gif

predatorbloodlableonbloodbag.jpg.gif

IMG_5023.jpg.gif

IMG_5103.jpg.gif

IMG_5067.jpg.gif

SECPredatorShoulderCannonandIcon-1.jpg.gif

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back