I made Deckard's Blade Runner gun for less than thirty bucks

MystArt

First of all, I plead guilty to the court that my gun is NOT at all movie accurate. But as someone who just can't afford Deckard's gun and who refuses to fork over seventy bucks for the squirt gun, I decided why not make one myself?
I hope you folks might enjoy this, and again go easy on me for the lack of screen accuracy

Not bad at all. What I usually do is paint the gun in silver, then a coat of black. Take a rag and dip a corner in acetone and voilà: the wear and tear you want with maximum control by removing the black...or use Qtips made to remove make-up. Their tip is harder and thus, when dipped in acetone, you`ll have more control overall.

Not bad at all. What I usually do is paint the gun in silver, then a coat of black. Take a rag and dip a corner in acetone and voilà: the wear and tear you want with maximum control by removing the black...or use Qtips made to remove make-up. Their tip is harder and thus, when dipped in acetone, you`ll have more control overall.
Thanks man! So you do basically the opposite of me: start metallic and gradually turn it black. I'll note that for next time.

I’m the resident “jerk old man”, but I will tell you what most of us are thinking but are too polite to say it. (I keeps it real!)
Let me preface this by saying I love your passion for the piece. However, your attempt simply doesn’t work. Your rendition offers nothing to the source material. I mean nothing. You could just as easily say that’s your take on Han Solo’s blaster and be just as close. Remember, this is the RPF…REPLICA Prop Forum. That means your piece must show SOME semblance to the original piece. Unfortunately, your rendition doesn’t work.
Now that I beat you up a little, maybe I can help. Check this out: Amazon.com: Blade Runner Airsoft Toy Pistol by ArtCreativity Toy Gun for Kids with LED and Sound Effect, Design, Batteries Included, Sturdy Plastic Design, Great Gift Idea for Girls and Boys - 1 Pistol : Toys & Games

For less than 15 clams you can buy this close enough toy. And if you give it your same paint job you will be MUCH closer to a replica…at least one that I can swallow! LOL

Don‘t give up.

I’m the resident “jerk old man”, but I will tell you what most of us are thinking but are too polite to say it. (I keeps it real!)
Let me preface this by saying I love your passion for the piece. However, your attempt simply doesn’t work. Your rendition offers nothing to the source material. I mean nothing. You could just as easily say that’s your take on Han Solo’s blaster and be just as close. Remember, this is the RPF…REPLICA Prop Forum. That means your piece must show SOME semblance to the original piece. Unfortunately, your rendition doesn’t work.
Now that I beat you up a little, maybe I can help. Check this out: Amazon.com: Blade Runner Airsoft Toy Pistol by ArtCreativity Toy Gun for Kids with LED and Sound Effect, Design, Batteries Included, Sturdy Plastic Design, Great Gift Idea for Girls and Boys - 1 Pistol : Toys & Games

For less than 15 clams you can buy this close enough toy. And if you give it your same paint job you will be MUCH closer to a replica…at least one that I can swallow! LOL

Don‘t give up.

Totally valid Funky and I know I'm a little fish in a deep ocean of sharks so the teeth marks don't hurt I swear. I did think about getting that toy years ago but decided against it for a couple reasons. First of all the sounds are truly awful and I realize I don't need to put batteries in it but I confess it was a factor.
Secondly it also would require some kind of clay or 3d-printed material to take away those "bullets" on the side to make it more Blade Runner like and I am not skilled enough to do that effectively.
But hey this sits nicely on a shelf next to my whisky bottle and it makes me smile. Also it was fun to do the video so I'm good.

This is a neat build. That blaster totally lends itself to a Blade Runneresque mod. Foam dart and water blasters are great platforms for improving your masking, and painting skills. I'm on my second major customer Nerf paint job right now.

Nope not valid at all. :cool: You said it wasn’t movie accurate to begin with. All these nerds are just trying to outnerd each other by saying the same thing you already said like it’s some sort of revelation. Let them have their Cheeto and Mountain Dew spoils. :lol: I like the video and the documentation of the process.

Thanks oujala! Admittedly my budget is all over the place when it comes to this stuff. Sure I got the bottle but I got the cheaper "flawed" version and it was such a limited run I just HAD to get one. The gun is less iconic for me compared to the bottle so I went this el cheapo route.
My hope is to give similarly budget-conscious Blade Runner fans some kind of alternative. I'm glad it has given some folks as much enjoyment to watch as I had filming it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back