I just sold another story

NakedMoleRat

Master Member
I just got confirmation from the editor that they are buying my story and will include it in a new anthology. The story features Sherlock Holmes and Solar Pons teaming up to work on a case together. My adventure is a sequel to one of my favorite Sherlock Holmes stories, The Adventure of the Yellow Face.

Paul Hernandez, AKA Jet Beetle was instrumental in helping me become a published author and I am finally getting noticed by more mainstream publishers. I believe it will be coming out this fall/winter.

Thanks Paul, and to everyone here who has likewise supported me.

Wow, that is cool, well done! Even in this social media world I don't think I've ever heard someone say they have been published (apart from uni friends). Nice work NakedMoleRat

Congratulations NMR!
I've had a few stories published myself over the years too (BSFA, TQF). It's a great hobby, and quite difficult to turn into a career.

Please post a link to the anthology when you know more...

Congrats again!

Howard.

That is exciting and very cool. Definitely let us know the anthology when it’s released.

Congratulations NMR!
I've had a few stories published myself over the years too (BSFA, TQF). It's a great hobby, and quite difficult to turn into a career.

Please post a link to the anthology when you know more...

Congrats again!

Howard.

Yep. I get $100.00 for this story, but it’s really about being published. Writers are like actors, only 10% make it big, the rest just do dish soap commercials.

Congrats man. I kind of remember when you were asking Jet years ago about writing. Did you have it on a thread somewhere?

Congrats man. I kind of remember when you were asking Jet years ago about writing. Did you have it on a thread somewhere?

I can’t remember any specific ones. I think we wound up having conversations about it on various threads.

We did have some great phone conversations. I remember calling him on a Friday night and he was on the set of Pirates of the Caribbean, one of the sequel, he was writing script pages and they were taking them right to Depp and they were filming it on the spot! He only had a couple minutes to talk to me that night, but he called me a couple days later and told me all about it.

He also told me about how Paramont was in negotiations with Lucasfilm to do a Star Trek, Star Wars crossover movie. They were just about ready to sign the contract. I told him that was great news, how the nerds would finally be able to hold a piece summit if that happened! LOL (Myself include)

The basic concept was that Scotty was experimenting with a new warp drive theory which catapulted them into a galaxy far far away. It would’ve taken place during the original trilogy time frame, and you would’ve had Captain Kirk going up against Darth Vader.

Congrats! Just for some clarity on my end, are you selling a story (an idea) or a completed novel? Either way, cool as hell.

I sold a story that will be part of an anthology. My story came in around 10,000 words. I’m not sure how many will appear in the book, or how many overall pages the book will be. The publisher, Belanger Books does a kickstarter for presale copies. Usually the only way to get a hardcover is through the campaign, then it’s only paperback after the general release.

My next stand alone novel will be out this fall, another Sherlock Holmes anthology, 100% mine. It too will have a kickstarter in about a month or so. I should have a hardcover proof copy in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:
NakedMoleRat, that's extraordinary. My sincerest heartfelt congratulations to you. The stamina and perseverance of the writer is something I seriously envy.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back