I just finished my Vader

Great job mate - that's one of the best modded Rubies I've seen to date.

Truly, you are powerful.... :thumbsup

Originally posted by DarthKahnt@Apr 15 2006, 01:28 AM
Very well done. I'd say he's much happier now that he is not a stock Rubies helmet anymore. Good work.
[snapback]1226735[/snapback]​

That is an excellent mod of the rubies. All the proportions look right on. Great job. :)
Carl

Thank you very much for the kind words everybody... :D

I think the biggest improvement in how he looks comes from re-adjusting the dome. I took out the original mount and glued it back in. BTW: I decided to finish him in a black metallic automotive finish as I felt this is the way he was supposed to look (see ROTS). I figured the paint scheme used in the OT was just because of the bad film they shot with, so it could distinct the features of the helmet.

Regards,
Red

cant see pics

Originally posted by Redbeard@Apr 15 2006, 09:52 AM
Thank you very much for the kind words everybody...  :D

I think the biggest improvement in how he looks comes from re-adjusting the dome. I took out the original mount and glued it back in. BTW: I decided to finish him in a black metallic automotive finish as I felt this is the way he was supposed to look (see ROTS). I figured the paint scheme used in the OT was just because of the bad film they shot with, so it could distinct the features of the helmet.

Regards,
Red
[snapback]1226855[/snapback]​

That looks amazing.Definately the best Rubies mod ive seen :)

I hope to start mine soon and really want to give it the all black look.I intend on changing the tusks,mesh and the lenses.Do i have to modify the eye sockets to add new lenses?Im also going to remove the nose piece and paint it silver.

Again,brilliant work.

Lee

Yes, the eye sockets need to be trimmed to add new lenses.

Originally posted by _Lee_@Apr 15 2006, 04:33 PM
That looks amazing.Definately the best Rubies mod ive seen :)

I hope to start mine soon and really want to give it the all black look.I intend on changing the tusks,mesh and the lenses.Do i have to modify the eye sockets to add new lenses?Im also going to remove the nose piece and paint it silver.

Again,brilliant work.

Lee
[snapback]1227051[/snapback]​

WOW... Excellent work :thumbsup

I'm amazed at how you got it looking like it does, it may have been a Rubies, but it not anymore, it's much MUCH better.

Well done.

Cheers,

Kraig

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back