I found this in a bottle shop

Berserk

2011-09-03142027.jpg

See kids, alcohol is good for you.

My daughter gave me a mixed 6 pack with one of those in it for Fathers day, I don't want to drink it! What bottle shop was it?

Yeah, that is from an Australian bottle shop. (Thirsty Camel?)

I saw it for sale from a bar on Chapel St, Prahan (Melbourne) a couple weeks ago. Gotta go by and get some.

Its made in Mexico Cerveza Duff de México - Sitio Oficial
I think I read on Wikipedia something about this guy registered it in Mexico and FOX cant do anything about it (or I could be wrong - too lazy to check my own facts)

Yeah, Found it in BWS in Brisbane too. Also, Brisbane's Mana Bar (For you gaming alcoholics) Has it for sale a few weeks ago.

Doesn't taste too crash hot, unfortunately.

I wonder about the reactions...?!?

We have it around here for years, first bigger stores only, now smaller shops around the corner got it, too...

And as we learned from history, Germany doesn't get the coll stuff or if we get it, then very, very late, after every other country... So I thought its available everywhere...

I think I read on Wikipedia something about this guy registered it in Mexico and FOX cant do anything about it (or I could be wrong - too lazy to check my own facts)

Don't think that's entirely true. I saw a Simpsons's documentary were a fan, in Chile, started mass producing his own Duff beer for sale. While his business was profitable, he was currently facing a lawsuit by Fox. I guess it also depends on the respective country's laws. I could imagine Mexico having bigger issues to worry about.

This was on the news a while back so my memory is fuzzy so what I say may or may not be true. I believe the reason it is not sold in the US is because it could be perceived as if the beer was being marketed to attract those under legal drinking age. I guess those over-reactions are more of a US thing.

Last edited:
Would it be possible to just get the labels, caps and carrier for the beer here in the US. I know a few home brewers who wouldn't mind making up their "Own" Duff Beer.

Ha, would you believe it. 2 days after I posted where I've seen it, I drive past a bottle shop in Moonee Ponds (Melbourne) and they have the carton side torn off and taped to a sign out the front.

Was working though, so I couldn't pull over and buy some, dammit!

I always thought that it was a common product all over the world, here in Italy you can find it (bottles or cans) just everywhere... And usually we are renowed for being the last wheel of the cart... :confused

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back