I Finally Got Recast Eh?

If that's def your design, could it be one of your originals?

I always give someone credit to not be a recaster until you can see them selling multiple copies of the same item. Unfortunately, his past aucitons were private, so you can't see what he's sold in the past.

Well Pirk only used white resin as far as I know. And the Seller doesn`t state where he got it, or who the Maker is. It doesn`t have the crispness of Pirks casts. Leads me to believe it is definately a recast. Pirks casts that he did for me are super crisp detailwise. Ahhh well. Not alot 1 can do. Good thing Pirk has my original Master, and I have all the step by step detail build pics. Good to have if someone else ever wants to try to take credit. ;p

The cast in the auction seems to be done in white resin painted with black primer. notice the chips by the barrel. Just an observation.. Sucks you were recasted bro.

Check out the Review at Predatorstuff.com
http://www.predators...el=album&id=359

It has sweet pics. I have quite a few pics from the beginning of the sculpt all the way to completion. A few here at the Lair have the cannon as well and will agree my findings. No one in the world made a Fanmade large calibre AVP cannon that does what this 1 does, but me.

Yeah Sea, A GPS!!! lol Naaah. I realize I don`t own the intellectual propertiy rights to the cannon. But I AM the Creator of that particular cannon. And I want to at least be known as THE Creator. ;p

here is a reply I got from the Seller

"First off there's nothing quite like being tactful.

Secondly i can throw wild accusations out there as well - but it doesn't mean they're true.

I am also a hunters lair member since around 2004 and i'm good friends with Andrew Marzan aka Kit Hunter.

I received this piece along with varying other pieces and moulds ( No moulds of this cannon) from that most reliable source Pete Mander of St. Cathrine's in Canada.

I'm going to presume that either yourself or your "partner" sent him a copy which he remolded and passed it along from there. and most likely passed it off as his own work along with selling the moulds. Because thats the kinda nice guy he is.

Corpseguy"

Well, If Mander sold it to him, he would have put that in his Sale imo. Pete Mander is not however the Sculpter. And Kithunter as well as many others know this. As you can see he accuses Pete of making and selling the moulds. So make into it what ya will but the Seller is a tad dodgey in his reply.

Whatever the case, I just wanna be known as the Sculpter. It`d be nice if Pete Mander is not representing this cannon as HIS sculpt.

i just compared the pictures best i could, and i definately see the crispness you are talking about in comparison to the ebay one...
if that is not a recast, then it must have caked on paint (which the chips on the barrel rule out totally)

RECAST it is!
but the price should be a huge hint in telling the seller of its authenticity...
you get what you pay for!

Gary,

Recasting IS NOT tolerated here in the slightest anymore, and anyone caught recasting or even selling recasts on here is banned immediately.

This has been set out quite clearly since Art took over, and frankly is not a moment too soon.

Nice to see you back here buddy, now wheres that avp spear you promised to carve? :p

just wondering why my name is dropped in this as if to lend some sort of credibility or liability to this ,

i'm friends with a bunch of you, but i don't know what goes on in your lives or all the deals that are done or that have gone though in all the years here.

Unless i dealt with you directly please leave me out of this kind of stuff.

Andrew aka Kithunter

aaah your name was brought up in a reply to me. I just replied my thoughts to HIS reply. I could care less what Credibility HE thinks bringing up your and Petes name brings him. I don`t need to look for any credibility. lol I AM the Sculpter..... afterall. ;p Move along... nothing more to see here.

Gary

addendum:

well the Seller DID put my name on his sale as the Sculpter. So I do give him props for that. So who knows? Maybe he did get the cannon from Mander. Ahhh well, I really appeciate seeing my name show up. It is nice to have alittle notoriety afterall. ;p

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back