I can't stand "Know it alls" that know NOTHING!

TehEl1te

Sr Member
Hey... lol... Not sure why I am posting this but it got to me today... This kid comes up to me while im eating in our college cafeteria... and says something along the lines of " I love Predator, I am a big predator buff (I thought to myself... ohhhh here we go....) Your predator costume is ok... Your head is waaaaay too big on it... you need to make it smaller... it looks rediculous"

I told him "Thanks for the concern..."

His response was (which really pissed me off) "No problem... I just hate when people get costumes messed up like that"

So I put my fork down and asked him "What version predator is my suit?"

"What do you mean? It's the predator"

"You are a ******* idiot... I'll make sure I'll let daman and casey know that you said their props are too big" (He couldn't even distinguish that my suit was no specific predator let alone identify anything from any pred movie... the kid was just a complete dick magnet.

I picked up my fork and continued eating my delicious mac and cheese.

SO yes... Daman AND Casey, according pred buff guy... your stuff is WAY too big... thought id share that with you... thats not the first time morons come up to me like that... here is a picture of my ENOURMOUS head... lol...ALso the kid never made a costume in his life... he just felt like giving me his professional opinion...

6723456345.jpg

Sorry for the dumb pointless rant... it just boggles my mind that people will spend SO MUCH TIME on here studying these props and replicating them perfectly... then a piss bag of a kid will sit there and say the most illogical thing about something he doesn't have any understanding of... I found it amusing and frustrating. lol!

My favorite still was a classic nerd with the push up glasses did not understand that ESB Boba Fett had yellow killstripes... LOL

Oh I feel ya Branden, I do hate people that give advice on something they know nothing about. You should have told him to get back to ya when he made a better costume.

these things do happen when cousins get married. just shake it off.

oneugleymf great quote. TehEl1te your costume looks great and I think that if people on the Lair agree your costume rocks, then **** that dork. I hope the delicious mac and cheese comment was a joke though. We've all had college mac and cheese and its not delicious. I think you handled that guy pretty well. Way to represent the Lair brother.

i have to confess. i actually made that halfmask too big....ON PURPOSE!!!!
MUAHAHA, HAHAHAHAHAHAH all you suckers who bought it! THE JOKES ON YOU.
i am laughing all the way to the bank.

Hahaha... I know my costume is atleast decent... I wasn't concerned about the quality... I was concerned about his eye for accuracy... He is also a gaming major and it just frustrates me that people can be that retarded...

The mac and cheese actually was pretty good today...lol... the burgers on the other hand

I could understand "it could use weathering here.. or there..." or maybe a creative idea for it... not "your head is WAY TO BIG ITS REDICULOUS"

dick magnet haha i like it and your suit is awesome!

although i have to say i do think 90 percent of the pred bios and masks are to big,now before you think im stikin up for that dicks comments what i mean is the KPH was like 7 foot tall so his huge head was in proportion to his suit and when some 5 foot something guy puts on a 1,1 scale replica it does look way out.

in fact i like this argument haha im 6,5 and my bio still looks a little to big on me and my melon is huge haha

in fact i might put a thread up on this and see what people think,but yeah dont let that idiot get to ya!

Sorry that happened to you Branden. Something that happened to me last year during club week at my high school. I dressed up as Batman (which was my 1st suit build. very crappy, but i tried to make it Arkham Asylum accurate as possible). I was suited up to help promote film club and use the Dark Knight as an example of film and this one stupid freshman who thought he knew EVERYTHING about Batman went up to me and said my paint job on my suit was wrong.

"hey your suits wrong"

"aha. no its not"

"well batman's suit isnt gray."

and friend Jon, who was the president of film club, said to the idiot "do u even know which Batman he's dressed up as?!?"

"what? What do mean 'which one'? he's Batman. aren't they all the same? the 'batman and robin' movie goes all the way to 'Dark Knight' time right?

and that just made me go in a menacing tone. "NOT EVEN." im so glad i was wearing my mask. otherwise, he and i would have some serious fists flying. people like that are so irritating!

He is also a gaming major and it just frustrates me that people can be that retarded...

Well that explains it, when I was taking my gaming major is when I met some of the weirdest people in my life, and most of these guys arent very polished on the art of communication. Seriously, in these gaming programs you might get 1 cool guy out of about 3-5 wierdos.

I told him "Thanks for the concern..."

His response was (which really pissed me off) "No problem... I just hate when people get costumes messed up like that"

So I put my fork down and asked him "What version predator is my suit?"

"What do you mean? It's the predator"

LOL. Freaking fool! He knows everything except for how stupid he sounds…Epic fail. The damn fool!!!
~Estelle

Judging by the pic your costume is superb, and better than the 3 stooges known as "super predators"

The kid should stay at home and keep thinking he's a badass killer 'cause he killed so much people in the Counter Strike world.

although i have to say i do think 90 percent of the pred bios and masks are to big,now before you think im stikin up for that dicks comments what i mean is the KPH was like 7 foot tall so his huge head was in proportion to his suit and when some 5 foot something guy puts on a 1,1 scale replica it does look way out.

in fact i like this argument haha im 6,5 and my bio still looks a little to big on me and my melon is huge haha

I don't know. Besides the bobble-head look that all Predators have, they also have oversized hands and feet.

Yes, KPH was 7' tall, and they still put finger extensions in his Pred hands to make the fingers look even longer. Same with the feet....they were sculpted longer than KPH's real feet. So, the oversized head, hands, and feet all balance each other out.

Well, at least you had the gratification of knowing the suit was done out of pure sweat, blood, and whatever else went into it.

People like that just open that gap they call a mouth to fill the air with their own voice. Nothing more than an idiotic comment made by one of Earth's many walking hemorrhoids. They're there just because they feel the need to be up your ass and irritating for the sake of being... well... irritating.

There's a good reason why the mask needs to be larger than your real head, and that's to get the crest of the dread line correct. This is the original mask I made, and I just got the proportions completely wrong:
WorkInProgress-024-600.jpg

Here it is with a prop next to it for the correct size:
MaskShapeFail2.jpg

And, when I asked about the subject back in July, this is the response I got:
To be brutally honest? I don't think there is anything you can do to salvage that mask. Call me spoiled, but did you check out any of the other masks on the forum that the guys make? You can pick up a raw one pretty cheap and paint it yourself. I'd get rid of the chest armor and repaint the body suit. I'm sure you can find more accurate chest armor here. Also the dredds need to go. Those don't look natural one bit. Get a set from Bambooie
And, as long as we're at it, the big evergreen bush to the immediate right is getting way too large, and the grass is looking pretty thin and needs fertilizing.

The old mask is now sitting in a box on my basement floor, gathering dust.

I'm not sure where I'm really going with this. Either:
a. You should be confident in what you've done with your suit and not mind the critics, or
b. You should only care about critics on the Lair, not outsiders who don't make their own suits, or
c. As long as you buy professionally sculpted stuff on here, you're in the clear, or
d. Everyone's a critic.

Man you should have replied.

" So my head looks big huh? kinda swallen?............. just like your head if you do not **** off !! "

people are stupid B dont worry the suit looks great

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back