I am mother robot head and bust to 3d print 1:1 scale (anyone want to help with the 3d modeling)

hia there, I hope animatormatthew don't think im trying to take over his post! but for me be brill to pickup as much detail as we can from the outside if you know what i mean. ive tryed to make a start with the limited pc skills i have, and useing a guess of 480mm size from front to back of mothers head.
no its great more people get involved and model it the better its a passion project for you guys

you guys are amazing. I have been working on a wearable chappie head got lost in that for a bit. as I didn't think this post would get any attention. great job all of you. Check out the wearable chippie helmet Wearible chappie helmet (early start and will change the files from now on wait for the FINISHED TAG TO PRINT IT or just go for it)) by 3d_printing_doctor this is what i was going for a wearible I am mother head. All of your modeling and reference gathering is awesome. If this thing has a chance of being 3d printed and worn this chappie head is a good template

well just checking in after a day of sat on fusion trying to work out how to use it lol and im a bit more down the long road to getting mother done.
I must say for someone starting out, fusion 360 is a must.... im amazed at what you can do with the program if you know what your doing but saying that when you get you head round it all its not that bad! god bless the utube video lol
anyway only 3 day with fusion and this is where im upto with I am mother build.
Thats really awesome

like ya chappie mate I made the same one from dsanyi6860 :)
done as just a light up show item, but come out well.

carlz-chappie.jpg

lol I was thinking no one was interested in this robot :) well this is where im upto, im still learning fusion so some things may need a re-edit :)

Attachments

• Carlz iam mother1.jpg
    Carlz iam mother1.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 149
  • Carlz iam mother2.jpg
    Carlz iam mother2.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 144

View attachment 1046297

lol I was thinking no one was interested in this robot :) well this is where im upto, im still learning fusion so some things may need a re-edit :)
so this is what i did tonight with the photo you gave here of the mechanical mouth . it holds 3 Hitech servos and with servo rc horns and poles it they will turn the mouth. been at it for about 3 to 4 hours. Than you for inspiring me to do it. what do you think? I didnt do the camera as you have already modeled that

Attachments

• servo mouth holder back.jpg
    servo mouth holder back.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 116
  • servo mouth holder.jpg
    servo mouth holder.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 122
so this is what i did tonight with the photo you gave here of the mechanical mouth . it holds 3 Hitech servos and with servo rc horns and poles it they will turn the mouth. been at it for about 3 to 4 hours. Than you for inspiring me to do it. what do you think? I didnt do the camera as you have already modeled that
this is what goes behind the front panel to move the mouth all to scale

View attachment 1046297

cool your carl74 on thingiverse. love the model you made. its an awesome paintjob. I modeled and built this 100 percent 3d printed android. The face is a screen and there will be a mini projector to project the face animation the face is my profile picture. designing 3d printed actuators was hard but i did it so i am happy. This is 100 percent designed from the ground up by me and open sourced for people to build upon. I remix things for fun but this is my main project.

Last edited:
cool your carl74 on thingiverse. love the model you made. its an awesome paintjob. I modeled and built this 100 percent 3d printed android. The face is a screen and there will be a mini projector to project the face animation the face is my profile picture. designing 3d printed actuators was hard but i did it so i am happy. This is 100 percent designed from the ground up by me and open sourced for people to build upon. I remix things for fun but this is my main project.

hia mat
well kewl project mate :) you have done real well with that, looks kewl I can tell your into the electronics side of things pal and love making things move and do stuff lol saying that mat where do you see your robot stopping... I have 2 or 3 projects im allways upgradeing or adding to and feel the more technology moves on the more you can upgrade, and I find myself going back over old upgrades with new tech lol
I guess its never endin hehehe

well not had much time with mother at the mo... but I did down your stl for the servos and ended up havin to recad them as fusion didn't play well with yours... size come out well big and was out some what, anyway ive sorted it :)
will try and get more done very soon pal, oh and befor I forget are you wanting to put this on ? it just I will cad this up different if its a display item.

ive reworked the face and your servo parts are almost done :)

Attachments

• eaac048a-dc85-435a-9947-128e50834ace.JPEG
    eaac048a-dc85-435a-9947-128e50834ace.JPEG
    108.3 KB · Views: 130
  • d8f671ff-4054-4b49-801d-063a568f9ecd.JPEG
    d8f671ff-4054-4b49-801d-063a568f9ecd.JPEG
    99.4 KB · Views: 134
Great job carl. Yes I am more on the electronic mechanism side of things. I can use the chappie helmet shell and mix it with this. I have to make your model watertight for 3d printing or are they already?. Would it be possible that you release your files on thingiverse. And I can do a remix as you are the original creator? And then I can get on with the printing it. I eye balled the servos I thought they were using HS 81 servos. But that was an absolute guess as the label in the photos was blurred out so the rest was modeled to that scale. Maybe they were tower pro MG?. I am the same working on many projects. I am working on a 3d printed DLP 3d printer at the moment. For my personal robot build I want it to be able to pick up heavy objects so have made the arms fit exo skeleton servos. Back to I am mother. So one version can be a bust display piece and I can remix it to be wearible. Attached is a photo of the dlp printer build

Attachments

• Screenshot_9.png
    Screenshot_9.png
    960.3 KB · Views: 130
  • DLP PRINTER.jpg
    DLP PRINTER.jpg
    329.1 KB · Views: 133
  • Screenshot_10.png
    Screenshot_10.png
    128.1 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
hia mat
dam mate just when I think you have topped it.... hehehe DLP kido.... you go!!!! nice work on that, you got to keep us updated on how you get on with that pal.
well ive been spendin time with jd&coke and cad lol the best mix I think hehehe god its been like 4am ive bin up messing with this mother cad stuff and im getting there I think, saying that im new to fusion 360 and still learning new things and ways around stuff.

well mate I cad this up so you can print it and put it on, with working LEDS and moving mouth and eye now it is a work in progress, and will need input from ppl printing this as to what needs sorting but im almost ready to upload to thingivers for you pal.
now I will upload all the parts as id post it for printing, but I will add a 1 STL file of iam mother so you can cut up as you like mate.

I still have some work doto so will post when done mate, but this is where its uoto @ the mo :)

thanks carl.

Attachments

• 1carlz.jpg
    1carlz.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 131
  • 2carlz.jpg
    2carlz.jpg
    447.4 KB · Views: 129
  • 3carlz.jpg
    3carlz.jpg
    350.4 KB · Views: 128
  • 4carlz.jpg
    4carlz.jpg
    312.2 KB · Views: 127
  • carl16.jpg
    carl16.jpg
    884.4 KB · Views: 149
hia mat
dam mate just when I think you have topped it.... hehehe DLP kido.... you go!!!! nice work on that, you got to keep us updated on how you get on with that pal.
well ive been spendin time with jd&coke and cad lol the best mix I think hehehe god its been like 4am ive bin up messing with this mother cad stuff and im getting there I think, saying that im new to fusion 360 and still learning new things and ways around stuff.

well mate I cad this up so you can print it and put it on, with working LEDS and moving mouth and eye now it is a work in progress, and will need input from ppl printing this as to what needs sorting but im almost ready to upload to thingivers for you pal.
now I will upload all the parts as id post it for printing, but I will add a 1 STL file of iam mother so you can cut up as you like mate.

I still have some work doto so will post when done mate, but this is where its uoto @ the mo :)

thanks carl.
Carl you are an absolute savage. And a ledgend. You are smashing it throw me the link to thingiverse then i can snip snip and fuse the helmet inside the model somebody is half way through printing the chappie helmet. And they are happy so far. So we can do the i am mother wearable np

hia mat just uploaded the files mate, its a work in progress and will prob need some tlc when it comes to parts fitting like I say im new to fusion and this is a 1st try lol will be working on all parts as I get better at fusion so things may get an update over time. you can find it on thingiverse mate.
have fun and love to see some pics when you or anyone start printing it.
thanks loads carl.

hay no probs at all mat :) ive enjoyed doing this mate... plus im into my movie robots, looking for another robot fix to do now lol

hehehhe brill mate.... oh god ive still not finished my zf1, got loads a project on the go and not the time to do them all and the attention span of a goldfish lol prob why I endup with den full of sorta done projects lol

well if you get time you will have to post some pics on thingiverse on how your mother build is going mate be kewl to see how you get on.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back