Huntress Costume WIP Almost finished

TiaJa

Finally, i can make a post to start the WIP progress. In a few weeks ill be able to buy most of the easy materials like backer rod, plasti dip, fun foam, etc :)
Ill first be working on the armor and dreads, and we'll see how it goes from there. Ive drawn out my costume design from various different ideas ive had and pictures ive seen, along with my P2 bio ill be using. As you can see i have the roman style sandle type, which what i was going for, sort of a ancient/goddess type look. The colors i was thinking about doing was black for under-armor bits, blood-red pieces here and there, and gold for the armor bits to match my bio...As for under the bio, i think im just going to use either a half-mask, paintball mask or something else, unless i can find a cheap full mask. For the skin im probably going to go with the wetsuit idea and figure out how to paint it, possibly a creamish color with leopard type spots in a darker color.
So tell me what you guys think!

p2tia.jpg.png

Full Body
p2tiafull.jpg.png

Lower Body
p2tialower.jpg.png

Bio Color (Thanks again Ronin!)
p2tiabio.jpg.png

Finally, i can make a post to start the WIP progress. In a few weeks ill be able to buy most of the easy materials like backer rod, plasti dip, fun foam, etc :)
Ill first be working on the armor and dreads, and we'll see how it goes from there. Ive drawn out my costume design from various different ideas ive had and pictures ive seen, along with my P2 bio ill be using. As you can see i have the roman style sandle type, which what i was going for, sort of a ancient/goddess type look. The colors i was thinking about doing was black for under-armor bits, blood-red pieces here and there, and gold for the armor bits to match my bio...As for under the bio, i think im just going to use either a half-mask, paintball mask or something else, unless i can find a cheap full mask. For the skin im probably going to go with the wetsuit idea and figure out how to paint it, possibly a creamish color with leopard type spots in a darker color.
So tell me what you guys think!

p2tia.jpg.png

Full Body
p2tiafull.jpg.png

Lower Body
p2tialower.jpg.png

Bio Color
p2tiabio.jpg.png
hi i cant wait to see it,if your artwork is anything to go by it should be pretty cool :)

Thank you guys! :) Im following your thread too dahdtoudi, looks so cool.
Oh and I just did a quick photoshop of where im gunna be putting the reds, and the skin color id like. Might be a bit different with colors, but thats as close as im gunna get for now.
tamiracolors.jpg.png

Thank you guys! :) Im following your thread too dahdtoudi, looks so cool.
Oh and I just did a quick photoshop of where im gunna be putting the reds, and the skin color id like. Might be a bit different with colors, but thats as close as im gunna get for now.
tamiracolors.jpg.png
i like the colours the hints of red will go well with the armour and if you can replicte the skin colour then like i said its gonna look really cool :)

Looks very good the design. I see that you are planning to make a low budget costume.
Some tips for the armor
* Use white plastic buckets and good strong scissors and
* buy a good heat gun. You can warp the plastic in any kinda way. Don't fear when it looks that you have overheated the plastic, because that will look even better when it is painted.
* ask the elders here what kinda paint you can use on the suit

* use old gold as colour and use a bit of black as basecoat to make it even older. Don't use a brush cause you can see it, just the aerosol paint. A good plan is to use the cheap red paint for the red highligths.

I'm sure it will work properly

Thanks for the advice Ancient
My moms boyfriend (I totally forgot!) has a huge garage where he does car paint jobs and designs, hes a pro at it and I asked him if he could paint up my wetsuit skin for me. So what is the best paint to use for flexibility and such...Anything I could buy in Canadian Tire or Home Depot, etc? Thanks again guys for your help :)
~Tara

well first try to buy latex to cover it, then the paint would be arilic if possible, but of course use a airbrush if u can ,
does alot better then burshes trust me lol wounder if u have a micheals down there or wal mart, for the spots
i did i used a acrilic pen , which worked perfect and made perfect dots , see if u can find one , pred always have dots lol
a acrilic pen will be a big help for dots and some diff other stuff tht needs precision !!! :)

BBW is right about the latex. You could do a thin layer just to coat the surface and have a better surface to bind the paint to. As for making it flexible, there are a couple options from what I've seen. Anything from mixing a 50-50 ratio of pro-said (or perma-wet) with acrylic paints, to doing a layer of pro-said over every layer of paint (since it dries clear). Probably won't find any of this in a Home Depot (no pros-aid or permawet for sure), so you'll have to get it online if you go that route. Or you could simply do a layer of latex, put paint on it, and just have to touch it up more often and not have a sealer.

Alright thanks for the tips Ernie and Laz...Yes we do have a Walmart here :) I guess ill just have to do some more searching around at art and craft stores when i get time hehe

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back