Huntorial; Permawet For Noobs By A Noob ;-)

Andre de Jong

Hello 2 all!

Every start can be difficult, or Lessons learned the hard way.
That also happend with me sometimes. (little bit 2 many)

So i diceded to make a small tutorial about permawet.

After airbrushing your Latex part you want to seal it. ;)

--->>>But how to do it without draging/mixing of the colours?

100_1287 (600x800).jpg

100_1286 (800x600).jpg

100_1288 (800x600).jpg

100_1289 (800x600).jpg

100_1290 (800x600).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good stuff!

Home depot also sells a small canister of propellant that can spray any paint or liquid you add into the canister.
That might be quicker than the sponge method.

Can the permawet not just be put through an airbrush?. I put yaught varnish through mine to seal my gauntlets and it worked fine, did thin it a bit though beforehand.

Can the permawet not just be put through an airbrush?. I put yaught varnish through mine to seal my gauntlets and it worked fine, did thin it a bit though beforehand.

I used an airbrush for the first coat, then brushed on the last 2. Worked well for me, but I think this idea is good for someone that doesn't have one.

Brian

What do you use for thinning the permawet? Water?

Yup, plain old water. I read somewhere that the more water you add, the shinier the final result. I sprayed the first coat at about 60% perma-wet, to 40% water, then brushed the rest with the same mix.

Brian

I used Createx gloss medium to seal my airbrush. . . This is what i was told would work

How different is the createx from the perma-wet Finish? ?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back