HUNTORIAL: Attaching Dreads to a Mask with Krazy Glue

PredatrHuntr

Master Member
Attaching Dreads to a Mask with Krazy Glue

This is the same method I have used for 5 masks and the dreads have never come off.

1. Cut the dread at an angle so that they don't stick straight out from the mask
001.jpg

2. Put Krazy Glue on the dread end and attach to the desired hole in the head. I start from the bottom layer and move my way up.

3. Hold in place for 30-60 seconds, or use an accellerant spray to solidify the glue immediately. Keep in mind that the dreads will look goofy until you get the dread rings/beads on. Once the rings are on, the dreads will have more weight to them and fall in place naturally.

P1 Head

IMG_4358.jpg

IMG_4362.jpg

IMG_4369.jpg

IMG_4376.jpg

IMG_4377.jpg

IMG_4378.jpg

002.jpg

Wolf Head
IMG_4380.jpg

IMG_4384.jpg

IMG_4389.jpg

IMG_4394.jpg

003.jpg

Hello PredatrHuntr,

That is a great tutorial.Never thought about the cutting the dreads at a slight anble.

Thanks,Daren

Very handy huntorial. I'll be sure to use this method on working with my future Greyback's dreads, since I love using Krazy Glue for 1/6 figure stuff. Always have it around . Didn't know it work with big masks, but hey, this definitely answers some questions!

THis is kind of random but I am going to give it a shot... I got these "all-purpose" labels. they are round slightly sticky... stickers... that are blank. They would be perfect to just put where the dreads go so you can paint casuaully and the sticker will stop the paint from going where the dread goes... the downside to this is the largest round sticker i could find was 3/4in diameter and my dreads are 1in at the top...do you think a tiny bit of paint will hurt? The majority of the dread bond would be foam to latex. Make sense?

Where did you get your dreads from? I'm having problems with mines. After I had the on for a little over a day I walked by to admire it and noticed some dreads were on the floor. They are ripping themselves out. My pred head has male patern baldness.

Any kind of cyanoacrylate (krazy glue) will work. Some will dry faster than others, so I usually go with those ones. A model store should carry the thicker ones with an acellerator that will cure the glue instantly.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back