Hulkbuster foam build.

Deimos161

Sup guys,

Thought I would start a build thread for my Hulkbuster build.

I'm going to make it out of foam and the files I'm going to use are SmookCMb's

Going by the leg of this beasty its going to be massive. The leg is a massive 129cm so I'm going to need to build some stilts for the legs :D

What I am having trouble with is the whole concept of using foam.
I've purchased a whole heap of 10mm foam high dense floor mats, But I think these may be too thick. :/
I've also noticed that the files don't really have any valley or mountain lines so im not really sure where I should be bending and what not.

Also I'm not sure on how to join to pieces together? Im quite perplexed by it. Because if I do an angle cut on the sides they dont really join properly and if I just but one under each other it doesnt really look right. Any tips or tutorials out there?

There are a ton of EVA builds on this site to reference. As far as seeming joints, you can either miter or overlap glue and then sand them to spec. I find hot glue works best.
With a suit of that size two hands may be needed for some of the gluing. I will be starting my Hulk Buster suit soon as well.

Good luck

Punished props just put out tutorial books that answers all of your questions. For $5 a book you couldn't ask for anything better seriously wish they were around when I started.
http://sulacorp.com/collections/bill-doran. Seriously giving these a read before you start will do nothing but save you time money and frustration later down the line.

You know what? I actually bought these the other day.....Just had read much of it :p
Thanks for reminding me.

I started by the hands... but clearly needs a new middle finger :lol
IMG_20150104_014309496.jpgIMG_20150104_014328218.jpgIMG_20150104_014342690.jpgIMG_20150104_014352803.jpgIMG_20150104_014412613.jpgIMG_20150104_014442936.jpgIMG_20150104_243426620.jpg

For a suit the size of Hulk buster 10mm foam is fine... you wouldn't what to go any thinner. I use 10mm on my Spacemarine suits.

Glue.... good ol' superglue..it melts the foam together. I buy the packs of 6-8 tubes from the $2 shops they usually cost $2 each ... keep in mind you will use a truck load of these.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back