Hulk Movie Designs -Which is your favorite?

nick daring

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Angry Green Muscle Man.

He's a tough character to pull of in a in a modern film and there have been a number of attempts.

Which is your favorite?

0224-hulk-rather.jpg

Lou Ferrigno-
219344-hulk.jpg

lou-ferrigno-the-hulk.jpg

Hulk 2003

hulk.jpg

c3debb4d0b69.jpg

tumblr_lekbbitipw1qcdhkv.png

Incredible Hulk 2008

the-incredible-hulk-screenshots19.jpg

image-4.jpg

hulksoldier660.jpg

the-incredible-hulk-screenshots20.jpg

Avengers' Hulk 2012

the-avengers-image06.jpg

avengerssps08.jpg

trailer20007layer71.png

4y57745yh4y4y.png

Last edited:
Norton has been my favorite Banner next to Bixby, but I must say...the new Hulk is looking great. I like the age lines, grey hair, depth of the CGI. Looks like they have done a solid job, not to mention the Hulk looks just like the actor portraying Banner.

For Hulk design - Incredible Hulk 2008, for Banner worthiness - Norton, for CGI - obviously the Avengers stuff is stunning, not so crazy about how he looks in it.

I think 2008 was the best also.

I wish Ed Norton was in the Avengers.

Ditto. I wasn't too happy with the Avenger's version nor the new Banner. Now I do see a lot of likeness of Mark Ruffalo. Tons of painstaking detail in skin tones and body/facial hair I missed in the trailers. I just don't think that this version embodies utter chaos and brute strength as much as Norton and his Hulk. But the action and screen time of this one seems to be huge. I'm going to see it now that I viewed the latest trailer. :) I think the Ruffalo version lies somewhere in between the Ang and Norton Hulk.

I will always hold a place in my heart and childhood for Lou and Bill's version...always. :)

I still like lou's hulk but the Avenger's hulk looks more like the comics. Though I'd prefer to see the Hulk where Banner was in control and was stuck in hulk form.

I still love 2008 hulk, he has that don't **** with me look to him.

The new hulk looks cool, never noticed they gave him chest hair.

I thought 03 hulk design was great. The face could've been more hulk-like, but the proportions and bulky physique looked great, and it was convincingly animated.

The 08 hulk was too heavily textured. You could see every muscle and every striation on that muscle. The whole effect looked second rate. The face looked pretty good though.

So basically they seem to have combined what I liked about the 03 and 08 hulk, the bulky, solid physique, with a more hulkish mug.

So far, I think I like the Avengers Hulk best... won't be able to decide that totally until I see the flick. Based on the trailers and the stills, he's got it hands down...

I like that you see some of Banner (Ruffalo) in this Hulk. While Ruffalo isn't my choice for Banner (seriously... where'd that idea come from?), seeing a Hulk thar resembles his alter ego really seems to be a smart thing to do.

Plus, Norton's Hulk had just terrible hair.

the avengers one is the first one with the proper 'hulk' nose and upper lip ratio... I'm excited as hell to see it. otherwise 2008. cos 2003 was so bad, even though I initially was impressed, the shocking story put me off it completely..

This new one for me, by miles. Superior rendering, good proportions, and the resemblance to Bruce Banner all present and accounted for. A+

I'm going to have to go with the Avengers Hulk based on the couple of pics shown. I liked the Ang Lee Hulk, aside from the goofy "Watch as he just keeps getting bigger and bigger!" nonsense. The Avengers Hulk is looking very Buscema-esque.

Facially, the 2008, the body, skin texture and musculature of the Avengers.

I dunno, the face of the Avengers just looks confused

If you think of it in terms of the Banner -> Hulk transition, I think the Avenger's Hulk wins. It seems to be the only one that's been modeled based on the facial characteristics of the actor playing Bruce, and so it's the only one that makes sense to me as a mutated form of Banner.

If you think of it in terms of the Banner -> Hulk transition, I think the Avenger's Hulk wins. It seems to be the only one that's been modeled based on the facial characteristics of the actor playing Bruce, and so it's the only one that makes sense to me as a mutated form of Banner.

A agree. I really like the Avenger's version. Something about it is just more believable, if that makes any sense.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back