Hulk Movie Designs -Which is your favorite?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Movie Talk' started by nick daring, Feb 29, 2012.

1. nick daring

nick daring Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Angry Green Muscle Man.

He's a tough character to pull of in a in a modern film and there have been a number of attempts.

Which is your favorite?

[​IMG]

Lou Ferrigno-
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hulk 2003

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Incredible Hulk 2008

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Avengers' Hulk 2012

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  2. CaptainSuperman

CaptainSuperman Well-Known Member

2008 - Ed Norton was a good Bruce Banner and I thought they did a great job on the hulk as well.

3. rodneyfaile

rodneyfaile Sr Member

I think 2008 was the best also.

I wish Ed Norton was in the Avengers.

4. MooCriket

MooCriket Master Member

Norton has been my favorite Banner next to Bixby, but I must say...the new Hulk is looking great. I like the age lines, grey hair, depth of the CGI. Looks like they have done a solid job, not to mention the Hulk looks just like the actor portraying Banner.

5. Paul Andrew

Paul Andrew Sr Member

I like the new one, with 2008 being a close second

6. Electronic Lids

Electronic Lids Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

For Hulk design - Incredible Hulk 2008, for Banner worthiness - Norton, for CGI - obviously the Avengers stuff is stunning, not so crazy about how he looks in it.

7. superDrool

superDrool Sr Member

Ditto. I wasn't too happy with the Avenger's version nor the new Banner. Now I do see a lot of likeness of Mark Ruffalo. Tons of painstaking detail in skin tones and body/facial hair I missed in the trailers. I just don't think that this version embodies utter chaos and brute strength as much as Norton and his Hulk. But the action and screen time of this one seems to be huge. I'm going to see it now that I viewed the latest trailer. :) I think the Ruffalo version lies somewhere in between the Ang and Norton Hulk.

I will always hold a place in my heart and childhood for Lou and Bill's version...always. :)

8. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

I still like lou's hulk but the Avenger's hulk looks more like the comics. Though I'd prefer to see the Hulk where Banner was in control and was stuck in hulk form.

9. Scareb

Scareb Sr Member

I still love 2008 hulk, he has that don't **** with me look to him.

The new hulk looks cool, never noticed they gave him chest hair.

10. jarvis

jarvis Sr Member

I thought 03 hulk design was great. The face could've been more hulk-like, but the proportions and bulky physique looked great, and it was convincingly animated.

The 08 hulk was too heavily textured. You could see every muscle and every striation on that muscle. The whole effect looked second rate. The face looked pretty good though.

So basically they seem to have combined what I liked about the 03 and 08 hulk, the bulky, solid physique, with a more hulkish mug.

11. JD

JD Master Member

So far, I think I like the Avengers Hulk best... won't be able to decide that totally until I see the flick. Based on the trailers and the stills, he's got it hands down...

I like that you see some of Banner (Ruffalo) in this Hulk. While Ruffalo isn't my choice for Banner (seriously... where'd that idea come from?), seeing a Hulk thar resembles his alter ego really seems to be a smart thing to do.

Plus, Norton's Hulk had just terrible hair.

12. clancampbell

clancampbell Sr Member

2008 hands down...

,,.......the new one just looks like Shrek to me......

Rich

13. n0regret5

n0regret5 Well-Known Member

the avengers one is the first one with the proper 'hulk' nose and upper lip ratio... I'm excited as hell to see it. otherwise 2008. cos 2003 was so bad, even though I initially was impressed, the shocking story put me off it completely..

14. fuzzylover

fuzzylover Well-Known Member

This new one for me, by miles. Superior rendering, good proportions, and the resemblance to Bruce Banner all present and accounted for. A+

15. Supa troop

Supa troop Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

How anyone could like the Ang Lee Hulk is totally beyond me everything about it is wrong

16. clancampbell

clancampbell Sr Member

Yeah, i know what you mean.....without intending to offend anyone, he looks sort of....retarded.....

Rich

17. Qui-Gonzalez

Qui-Gonzalez Master Member

I'm going to have to go with the Avengers Hulk based on the couple of pics shown. I liked the Ang Lee Hulk, aside from the goofy "Watch as he just keeps getting bigger and bigger!" nonsense. The Avengers Hulk is looking very Buscema-esque.

18. Talisen

Talisen Sr Member

Facially, the 2008, the body, skin texture and musculature of the Avengers.

I dunno, the face of the Avengers just looks confused

19. AdamNightmare

AdamNightmare Well-Known Member

If you think of it in terms of the Banner -> Hulk transition, I think the Avenger's Hulk wins. It seems to be the only one that's been modeled based on the facial characteristics of the actor playing Bruce, and so it's the only one that makes sense to me as a mutated form of Banner.

20. aeonpulse

aeonpulse Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

A agree. I really like the Avenger's version. Something about it is just more believable, if that makes any sense.

21. DaddyfromNaboo

DaddyfromNaboo Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Hulk ... Need... Shaving !!!

22. The BDK

The BDK Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I need to see the Avengers design in action first, but of what we've got to see fighting so far I have to say 08.

23. MooMooEgg

MooMooEgg Sr Member

Hahaha. I was just about to mention that.

I do like how the Avengers Hulk is looking... definitely embodies the typical comic Hulk. But I'll have to reserve judgement until there's more footage of him in action. Until then, i'm still voting for the 2008 version.

24. Capn_Jack_Savvy

Capn_Jack_Savvy Sr Member

For the time Lou's make up was great! I had a chance to meet him at a bodybuilding faire in Hawaii and he was done up in the Hulk gear but that awful 80's punk rock wig was what he was wearing. He looked more like an 80's punk rock chick than the Hulk.

[​IMG]

2012 Hulk is the best in my eyes. Better texture! Less human looking but closer to the actor's look.

2008 Hulk was OK but to monster like and skin texture was too much like Abomination.

[​IMG]

2003 Hulk is based off of Ang Lee so that Hulk has a bit of an Asian look to him. Very round face as did Ang Lee did.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. payton paison

payton paison Well-Known Member

'08 was good but way too tall, i like the Marvel bio height at 7.5 feet
    '03:thumbsdown and '08 just too tall

I like the Avengers Hulk, looks good from the previews and close what he should be

26. clancampbell

clancampbell Sr Member

I thought the 03 Hulk was something daft like 12 feet, and the 08 was closer to 8 or 9 feet?

Rich

27. DuneMuadDib

DuneMuadDib Sr Member

I think '03 Hulk varied in height depending on how angry he was. Believe there were three different heights.

28. Qui-Gonzalez

Qui-Gonzalez Master Member

He did...and it was a laaaaame concept. (I'm a huge Hulk fan.)

29. Supa troop

Supa troop Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

got to agree with the general feeling the Ang Lee hulk was a disaster in my eyes.

As for the 08 Hulk i think there was a good reason that the Abomination looked like the Hulk it was the same blood sample taken from Banner used on Blonsky so it made sense they looked similar, i loved the rage of the 08 Hulk.

Ang Lees arty attempt just failed

The Avengers Hulk looks like a mix of both previous Hulks and i think they have nailed it ....

30. Jeyl

Jeyl Master Member

This is my favorite Hulk design.

[​IMG]

31. familyman

familyman Sr Member

I think the new Avengers Hulk looks the best.

32. nick daring

Cool Avengers Hulk pic-
    [​IMG]

Nick

33. familyman

familyman Sr Member

cool pick but it kinda looks like it is advertising a three person tag team match.

34. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I like Norton as the best Bruce, with Bixby a close second, but in terms of the Hulk design, I actually like the new one better. It has more of a real person look and feel that the others seem to lack.

35. Igniitus

Igniitus Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

There was a Hulk in 2003? Was it an independent film or something?

36. Monster Dave

Monster Dave Sr Member

I grew up with Lou...there's only one Hulk in my book.

37. nick daring

Lou does look cool.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

38. nick daring

Lou threw a BEAR! Nuff Said...

[​IMG]

Nick

39. DARTH SABER

DARTH SABER Master Member

The avengers hulk seems to be the most accurate to the comics so far.
    The 08 hulk a close second.

Ange Lees hulk is awful.

To me the hulk should have some apish or caveman facial features, the oversized brow area, the short nose, wide mouth and large space between the mouth and nose.
    Avengers seems to have these features albeit very subtle. I personally would have gone a bit further.

40. terryr

terryr Sr Member

I like the older comic style. Very wide and not that tall. He's impossibly wide. He's not a human supersized.
    And his very thick skin wouldn't show any fine muscle detail or blood vessels.
    And he TALKS. He's not Frankensteins monster. Once they get a talking Hulk they'll be on the right track.

They keep looking at Ferrigno, and not the comics.

41. Norse Iron Man

Norse Iron Man Active Member

I do prefer Edward Norton as Bruce Banner, though I prefer the Avengers style hulk over the others.

42. Goonie

Goonie Sr Member

1993 Hulk was OK...

[​IMG]

43. Zombie_61

Zombie_61 Master Member

I concur. Except for him looking like a big green frat boy I thought the Hulk sequences in the '03 movie were quite good, but didn't like the live action scenes and felt Bana was horribly miscast. Conversely, I liked the live action scenes in the '08 movie but felt the Hulk looked like he stepped out of a video game. A decent Hulk movie lies somewhere between the two.

I enjoyed the 70s television series for what it was, but too soon it fell victim to a) the limitations of having a human being portray the Hulk (regardless of Ferrigno's considerable musculature), b) the limitations of 1970s effects technology, and c) Universal consistently producing their projects on-the-cheap. After reading the comics for several years, it was disappointing to see Ferrigno's Hulk display his strength and anger by turning over a card table. :unsure

As for the Avengers' Hulk, it looks pretty good (based on what little I've seen of it) but I'll reserve judgement until I've seen the movie.

44. Celtic007

Celtic007 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Like previously stated, I like that the new Hulk looks like the actor. And since we've only seen 2 of the 3, Norton was my favorite Hulk actor.

Also, Browns running back Peyton Hillis kinda looks like the 03 Hulk:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  45. GadAc

GadAc New Member

oh, I think all Hulks are good.
    For a long time I saw the first Hulk and " at the time" it was good, also.

46. nick daring

Avengers Hulk is looking pretty sweet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  47. leafman

leafman Well-Known Member

^ The detail on that is incredible. He looks real.

48. nick daring

2008 Hulk Roar

[​IMG]

49. cayman shen

cayman shen Master Member

2012 by far. That Ang Lee Hulk's design/face is AWFUL. The 2008 isn't much better. And the CG itself for both of them is on par with Shrek. Utterly unconvincing.

Other than the silly hair though I'd have to almost give it to Lou. Because he was real. Use a real dude and LOTR forced-perspective tricks to make him big. A cartoon will always look like a cartoon.

50. Dung0beetle

Dung0beetle Well-Known Member

Except for the hair, I vote Lou Ferigno. I understand why they did the hair the way they did, because if your whole body is going into "hyper growth" mode, then your hair will do so as well...but it looks stupid. Given today's effects makeup technology, I think a bodybuilder could pull it off much better than a cgi "actor". I think they should use a real person to play Hulk and save the cgi for the "transformation" effects.

On a side note, does Marvel get a discount on rubber? Why not use real metal to make scale mail armor? It is more comfortable and gives more freedom of movement. Enough with the rubber suits, I didn't like the Thor movie because I just can't get over the rubber armor. I also didn't like the "Flash Gordon" style of the costumes, it kind of killed it for me.