Hulk Cosplay/Costume/wall decor.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Rocket Rider

Jr Member
This past holiday season new project. It's mostly - for now at least - going to be a wall decor for my studio. A prop, if you will. But I can't promise I won't turn it into a cosplay once I get more comfortable with the size of it (roughly 8'5") and a few articulation issues I anticipate.
At any rate, here are both the first design and a better simulation of what I have been meaning to ornate my studio wall with for a looong time!
I hope you like it!

I started with a basic head shape out of E.V.A foam and built the face features making sure the most relevant volumes were there- even if it meant exaggerating them.

Attachments

• IG square WIP 00.jpg
    IG square WIP 00.jpg
    694.2 KB · Views: 49
  • IG square WIP 00-B.jpg
    IG square WIP 00-B.jpg
    805.7 KB · Views: 42
  • IG square WIP 01.jpg
    IG square WIP 01.jpg
    482.6 KB · Views: 39
  • IG square WIP 02.jpg
    IG square WIP 02.jpg
    480 KB · Views: 29
  • IG square WIP 03.jpg
    IG square WIP 03.jpg
    450.4 KB · Views: 41
  • IG square WIP 04.jpg
    IG square WIP 04.jpg
    488.2 KB · Views: 43
  • IG square WIP 05.jpg
    IG square WIP 05.jpg
    452.3 KB · Views: 48

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Rocket Rider

Jr Member
I then used Foam Clay over it. I got lucky with the brand I picked - Masked Dad Workshop - as I found out later on, there are a tiny differences in texture and the way it cures from one brand to the other.

It was a first for me and I figured its potential pretty quickly. The face was done in a day and a half, over a weekend. I made the teeth with translucent Sculpey clay and the gums out of Firm ( grey ) Super Sculpey.

Attachments

• IG-square-WIP-08.jpg
    IG-square-WIP-08.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 38
  • IG-square-WIP-07.jpg
    IG-square-WIP-07.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IG-square-WIP-06.jpg
    IG-square-WIP-06.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 37
  • IG-square-WIP-08-B.jpg
    IG-square-WIP-08-B.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IG-square-WIP-10.jpg
    IG-square-WIP-10.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 37
  • IG-square-WIP-11.jpg
    IG-square-WIP-11.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 33
  • IG-square-WIP-14.jpg
    IG-square-WIP-14.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 37

Rocket Rider

Jr Member
I did a wig test and I got lucky with the one I picked up from Amazon. Hulk could end up looking more like a jacked Little Richard if you place the wig hastily. This being said, with just a little time spent adjusting, there is barely any trimming at all to make it look decent. That is something I'll really address in the end, anyway.
I sensed I had to paint the face in flesh tones colors at first, if I wanted to have some sort of glow/translucency on an otherwise pretty opaque material. That implies I would have to apply the treatment to the rest of the body. Great.
Somehow, he looks creepier in pink.
I made sure any effect - such as rosacea, veins, and liver spots - would be painted on this skin tone, before I applied the gamma green layer.

Attachments

• IG-square-WIP-21.jpg
    IG-square-WIP-21.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IG-square-WIP-20.jpg
    IG-square-WIP-20.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IG-square-WIP-19.jpg
    IG-square-WIP-19.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IG-square-WIP-18.jpg
    IG-square-WIP-18.jpg
    270.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IG-square-WIP-17.jpg
    IG-square-WIP-17.jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IG-square-WIP-16.jpg
    IG-square-WIP-16.jpg
    295.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IG-square-WIP-15.jpg
    IG-square-WIP-15.jpg
    309.9 KB · Views: 15

Rocket Rider

Jr Member
A few more pics, with details on the rosacea FX. Brush painting detail - like the veins and liver spots - with a natural sponge gentle dab. same technique was used for the layers of gamma green skin tones. It's starting to look like what i had in mind. I am glad I opted for the pink skin tone prior to the green. I stay in charge as to where I want the green to take over and where I don't.
The cheeks in particular, I try not to cover them too much and ruin the FX I was so lucky to get in the first place!

"If It ain't broken"... "Less is more"... and All That Jazz!

Attachments

• IG-square-WIP-22.jpg
    IG-square-WIP-22.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 9
  • IG-square-WIP-23.jpg
    IG-square-WIP-23.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IG-square-WIP-24.jpg
    IG-square-WIP-24.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IG-square-WIP-25.jpg
    IG-square-WIP-25.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IG-square-WIP-26.jpg
    IG-square-WIP-26.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 9

Rocket Rider

Jr Member
I made the eyes totally custom too, as the ones I had were too small for the size of the head. I'll show the details later. For now, I was so excited with the first try-out with the wig AND the painted head that I decided to play with the lighting and found myself inadvertently recreating one of Alex Ross' iconic Hulk covers. I hadn't even glued the eyebrows but the character was already there!

For the record, I am 6'6" and that's me on the last picture. Yep, That's how big the head is... ;)

Attachments

• IG-square-WIP-27.jpg
    IG-square-WIP-27.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 34
  • IG-square-WIP-28.jpg
    IG-square-WIP-28.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IG-square-WIP-29.jpg
    IG-square-WIP-29.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IG-square-WIP-30.jpg
    IG-square-WIP-30.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IG-square-WIP-31.jpg
    IG-square-WIP-31.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 35
  • La-big-head.jpg
    La-big-head.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.