Hugo...Martin Scorsese's first 3D movie

the_batdemon

Sr Member
I searched and didn't see a thread yet.

Has anyone else seen this movie? I saw it this weekend in 3D and thought it well worth the extra money. Visually it's stunning. It uses the 3D technique very well.
I hear that it follows the book pretty well. The automaton is cool and to find out it's a practical effect makes it all the more interesting.

Last edited:
I saw it a few weeks ago. A bit long, but still solid and very good.

The best use of 3D I've seen in a film. I tend to dislike 3D movies - but this worked... except, like all the rest it was just too dark. I'm guessing it's more of a theater issue than a problem with the movie itself.

I went to see this with my GF and her kid a couple of weeks ago. Visually it was interesting but I found it rather boring and long. I almost nodded off in a couple of places. On the other hand, my GF and her Kid loved it so Im out voted on wether it's good or not right there.

Loved it. Ordered the heart key from Noble Collection for my girlfriend. They are doing a functional mouse as well.

I thought the film was masterfully realized. The minor characters were initially caricatures but were well cast and well written in terms of development. I however saw it in 2d because the theatre near us that sells drinks only had it in 2d. Drinks vs 3d . . . . hmmm. . . . let me see.

Other than the automaton, it doesn't lend itself to props. Like the idea of the key and mouse though.

Doc

Visually it was interesting but I found it rather boring and long.

My friend got it through Netflix and we watched about half of it before we came to our senses and decided it would be more interesting watching grass grow. The turning point was when his hyperactive 11 year old daughter nearly fell asleep within the first 30 minutes.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back