Huge Serenity model found at Universal

wow....
just watched that movie over the holidays...still great!
what happened to the engines? (damn Reavers got 'em!)

K

wow....
just watched that movie over the holidays...still great!
what happened to the engines? (damn Reavers got 'em!)

K

Yeah, I wonder if they're still around...kind of a bummer if not, but still cool to see that a big, beautiful physical model still exists (am I wrong or did most people not know of this? I'd always heard there was just one dinky simple one for the crash and the rest was CG, not a huge and detailed piece) as a possible subject for intrepid studio scalers.

Pretty cool--they didn't do a bad job with the construction--but they really lacked the paint job, they even forgot the Serenity logo on the side. Should have also secured the top onto the cargo hold better since you can see it rattling in the movie when it crashes.

I'm surprised that QMx would have thought it was a rumor that there was a miniature--it's been documented and pretty obvious just from watching the movie

Yeh. I always assumed that was a model shot; if it wasn't they'd have had to have put in extra work to make it look like one, because it does.

The port engine was the one torn off in the crash, right?

Great model, IMO. I'm not a real fan of the ship but have this hankering for it nonetheless, like stuffed olives. Anyway, would LOVE to see more of this.

Yeh. I always assumed that was a model shot; if it wasn't they'd have had to have put in extra work to make it look like one, because it does.

The port engine was the one torn off in the crash, right?

Great model, IMO. I'm not a real fan of the ship but have this hankering for it nonetheless, like stuffed olives. Anyway, would LOVE to see more of this.

The port was indeed the one ripped off

I'm surprised that QMx would have thought it was a rumor that there was a miniature--it's been documented and pretty obvious just from watching the movie

The text there is very strange. You're right, Viper - it's not "rumored" that there was a miniature - it's actually discussed in the features on the Special Edition DVD & Blu Ray. People actually mention the crash being an elaborate model shot.

(though, reading it again, the bulk of the text at that link does indeed seem to have come from QMx reps, and they have gotten things utterly wrong before, so...)

Surprised to see that it still exists and looks so good. I wish I could hug it. :lol

ah brilliant find, the ref pictures are perfect to start a project (that I am going have to start!)

IEDBOUNTYHUNTER I may be in contact for ref if that is ok? :)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back