Huge News - New 1/6 And 1/4 Hot Toys Predators!

predator666

Holy crap, just seen this posted on their facebook page.
https://www.facebook...&type=1
After the release of the Classic Predator Collectible Figure recently, we have received positive response from the market! But we guess that fans won’t be just satisfying with the 1/6th scale, right?

We are going to announce this great news now - we are bringing to fans not only the 1/6th scale, but also the 1/4th scale collectible figures of the Predator movie series - Predator, Predator 2, Predators, Alien vs. Predator (AVP) and Aliens vs Predator – Requiem (AVPR)!

It will be surely an enhancing of the details and quality level! And the mask and some of the body armors will be made by die-casting!

Moreover, we will be bringing the collectible of Dutch featuring our beloved actor Arnold Schwarzenegger in 1/4th scale too! Fans, please stay tuned!

379107_10150442416392344_58690437343_8783167_2059959535_n.jpg

Oh just seen this too https://www.facebook.com/notes/hot-toys/artists-words-of-2011-part-1/10150491613557492

Making of Predator by master Joseph Tsang –

To wrap up the year of 2011, for Joseph, the most satisfied project is Classic Predator, which actually he thinks the design is very closed to the Predator from the first movie in 1987 and he is very much inspired by this movie which he started to fall in love into creatures.

Recently, he is working on the 1/4th scale of Classic Predator from the first movie, which allows more room to showcase more obvious details, will be definitely a surprise for fans and he believes that most Predator fans will like it too!

Besides, he is also working on the 1/6th scale of Predator from the Predator 2 movie, which will also be an amazing piece of works! Stay tuned for more Joseph’s marvelous works in 2012

395218_10150442408407344_58690437343_8783148_511758863_n.jpg

it says the first pic is 1/4 p1 but if u look at the armor its clearly an avp pred

386288_10150442408742344_58690437343_8783151_117678083_n.jpg

says this 1 is 1/6 p2... so they're either redoing the earlier 1/6 preds or else its 1/4 scale

Hmmm... this looks interesting. I am intrigued to say the least. I have a feeling that the newer size will be highly reflective in the price. I'm all about anything Predator 2, so I best start saving now.

Just saw your last post. The first pic looks more like "Scar," or another AvP Predator; than the first Predator. The P2 (with the P1 torso anatomy) has my attention. I'm glad they're going to re-do him (and the others), I'm just not too thrilled at how expensive he'll be. I'll be following this topic fo' sho'. I wonder if they plan on releasing any of the Lost Hunters?

On the other hand, I hope that NECA steps up their game, and releases more one-quarter sized figures. In my opinion, NECA's P1 sculpt is a closer, more accurate likeness than anything I've seen Hot Toy's do. Nothing like a little, healthy, competition at the expense of my WALLET.

Great news! I want a Neca 1/4 P2 and I want that p2 hes working on. And them reding the p1 is great news....

So these will be bigger than the 1/6th scaled figures???

I don't know how to read the scale chart that well (in fact can someone point me to a scale chart that shows how to read one... :unsure: ) but if I am reading this right, these will be bigger???

How will I cope? I need to hit the frikkin' lotto man...or find a better career.

anyone else notice that picture of the P2 behind the sculpt....yeah that's right... that image was first posted on the lair....

good to see even the "pros" use us for reference.

I'm just relieved Tsang is using movie and prop stills as reference, rather than other collectibles. We're in for a treat.

So these will be bigger than the 1/6th scaled figures???

I don't know how to read the scale chart that well (in fact can someone point me to a scale chart that shows how to read one... :unsure: ) but if I am reading this right, these will be bigger???

How will I cope? I need to hit the frikkin' lotto man...or find a better career.

1/4 typically means 18", as opposed to 1/6 which means 12".

However, for Predators, 1/4 would mean at least 20".

Damn good thing I waited on not buying their 1/6th scale figures. I'm really looking forward to the 1/4th stuff but then again everyone here already knows that I'm willing to bet you that they just couldn't stand NECA making their figures bigger then HT serves them right for paying attention now.

I'm willing to bet you that they just couldn't stand NECA making their figures bigger then HT serves them right for paying attention now.

I was kind of thinking the same thing. Sad thing about this is going to be the price tag on these mofo's. I am thinning out my colection of misc. figures (Gears of war, SPAWN,etc.) and taking some of the funds from the sales and saving for the rainy PREDATOR days to come.

First up though is the SAMURAI. Then...well, we'll just have to see. I have an obligation to fill, to a certain LAIR member (even though they don't think so) and I want to pull through for them. I just hope that I can.

I got really excited thinking this was NECA...but then read it was HT. Too much $$$ rather spend that kind of dough on garage kits and have them professionally painted. Might change my mind down the line though, but I'm happy for HT fans. Can't wait to see what they produce.

thanks Brian, i am now sitting in a huge pile of my own feces... (nevermind the mental pic, sorry)

WTF!!!!! is this really happening? i've been praying that they redo their p2 hero at least! but this is absolutely insane!! (will we get a redone elder too???)

now that p2 pic they have is definitely 1/6 scale but it sounds like they'll be releasing both sizes in the future? i will certainly look forward to new developments... GOODBYE SAVINGS AND FAMILY

awesome news! i will officially stop eating lunch at work as a start on my saving for this, maybe finally quit smoking too. gonna have to open a "predator savings account" at the bank :D this is insane...

Great news! I still would rather have a NECA 1/4 scale predator 2...as the detail in the 8" figure is outstanding (and yes, I do stare at it everyday here on my desk...lol!) the NECA head sculpt is just so perfect.......I hope Hot toys does a great job.

They added this on their facebook page
" It will be surely an enhancing of the details and quality level! And the mask and some of the body armors will be made by die-casting! Moreover, we will be bringing the collectible of Dutch featuring our beloved actor Arnold Schwarzenegger in 1/4th scale too! Fans, please stay tuned! "

******** it! thats such a big slap in the face for me buying the old p1 and old cleaner kit Wolf...
I shall buy them never the less! especially Wolf and P2, i never got the original HT P2 figure.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back