HSS Terminator 2 T-1000 frozen cop project progress pics

R

reddwarf81

Working on getting the body for the full T-1000 posed and locked down...the uniform is here and I'm almost ready to mold the bust.
The head here is the same one in the pic you've already seen. Still have to raise the right shoulder and bend the left arm.
I've also decided to have a nice plaque made AND a liquid metal base to really make this pop.
IMG_5280.jpg

IMG_5282.jpg

This is amazing! A project ive wanted to do for ages!

My only concern would be the liquid metal base you have in mind. Im a big fan of prop reproductions that mimic exactly what was produced by the fx shop at the time. I think the base you have in mind would look out of place.

Beautiful work though. Cant wait to see it!!

weequay

This is amazing! A project ive wanted to do for ages!

My only concern would be the liquid metal base you have in mind. Im a big fan of prop reproductions that mimic exactly what was produced by the fx shop at the time. I think the base you have in mind would look out of place.

Beautiful work though. Cant wait to see it!!

weequay

You may be right. I may change the version 3 to a Metal grate of some kind.

just my thought, a wet looking road base would completely replicate the scene. looking forward to see more update!

also thinking about fog machine or dry ice to create cold fog effect but not sure whether chemical or humidity in the fog will damage the piece in the long run.

just my thought, a wet looking road base would completely replicate the scene. looking forward to see more update!

also thinking about fog machine or dry ice to create cold fog effect but not sure whether chemical or humidity in the fog will damage the piece in the long run.

Well I used to work in a lab that used large Liquid nitrogen tanks for a lot of the experiments that had to do with cold. Even though we poured it into a cup...(being stupid and playing with it) You really never see it as a liquid.
BUT...that would be a cool effect to have it have a vapor around it.

Yeah a wet looking base with some of the frozen effect carried over would be amazing and more in keeping with the original piece.

I would love to do an all chrome t1000 with hook hands.

weequay

I agree. Even though that pic is of a Hot Toys figure I like the frozen finish under him.

Re: HSS Terminator 2 T-1000 Frozen Cop Uniform Test fitting.

Finally have all the components for the uniform in. The basket weave belt needs to be changed to a smooth leather and I already have those coming in. The screen used LAPD patches arrived today and will be added.
Once the head is finished and attached I'll freeze the clothing in place and finish off the freezing effect on the entire piece. Next comes the base. The uniform will also be tailored to fit a bit tighter.
IMG_5292.jpg

IMG_5291.jpg

IMG_5286.jpg

IMG_5285.jpg

IMG_5287.jpg

IMG_5288.jpg

IMG_5289.jpg

Thank you all. I'll be casting the head in the next couple of weeks.
I've planned on doing 4 versions of the T-1000. This one...the donut head, the splash head and the bullet head. Full body posed exactly like the film. My wife is going to kill me with all of these Terminator figures all over the house.

I LOVE the concept.

Are you matching the shoulder/trapezius slope? He looks like his head's sunken into his torso. But I loved that scene where he looks at his shattered right hand and there's almost an expression of horror.

I LOVE the concept.

Are you matching the shoulder/trapezius slope? He looks like his head's sunken into his torso. But I loved that scene where he looks at his shattered right hand and there's almost an expression of horror.

Yes I am doing the shoulder slope. Ran out of material to lock it into place. I still have a bit of alteration on the body and then the uniform will be tailored to fit.
Oh and check this out.
DSC_0392a__81491_zoom.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back