Howard Studios Freddy bust

ob1al

Sr Member
Hi all

I've just finished painting this (Howard Studios) Freddy Krueger bust - as with all Howard's work, it's a great sculpt.

Here are some pics:

freddy023medium0zu.jpg

freddy020medium1se.jpg

freddy021medium9se.jpg

freddy022medium8ru.jpg

freddy019medium8mn.jpg

freddy018medium0ok.jpg

Regards,

Al

One of my favorite Howard sculpts.

You did a terrific job Al - I love that last pic. I can't tell (because I'm on a friends comp) but are the eyes painted or are they glass? Definitely one of the best Fred's I've seen in quite some time.

<div class='quotetop'>(gnrlotto @ Jun 25 2006, 03:28 AM) [snapback]1267591[/snapback]</div>
Great job. Creepy...eugh.

And I'd go with glass for the eyes...Tell me, am I right?
[/b]

Thanks guys - yup, he has glass eyes.

<div class='quotetop'>(fettster @ Jun 25 2006, 12:23 PM) [snapback]1267726[/snapback]</div>
looks great.

how did you fit the eyes so neatly?
[/b]

I cut out the eye holes then wrapped the glass eyes in clingfilm (to keep them clean when doing the fitting) and put them into position. I then used a very small amount of milliput and smoothed round/ shaped the edges of the eye sockets to fit the contour of the glass eyes. Removed the eyes, let it dry then fine tuned with small hobby files.

thanks,

Im gonna fit glass eyes in my howard pred 1 bust.

<div class='quotetop'>(ob1al @ Jun 25 2006, 01:17 PM) [snapback]1267739[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(fettster @ Jun 25 2006, 12:23 PM) [snapback]1267726[/snapback]
looks great.

how did you fit the eyes so neatly?
[/b]

I cut out the eye holes then wrapped the glass eyes in clingfilm (to keep them clean when doing the fitting) and put them into position. I then used a very small amount of milliput and smoothed round/ shaped the edges of the eye sockets to fit the contour of the glass eyes. Removed the eyes, let it dry then fine tuned with small hobby files.
[/b][/quote]

<div class='quotetop'>(Darth Kahnt @ Jun 27 2006, 05:50 AM) [snapback]1269016[/snapback]</div>
Welcome to prime time bit*h. :)
[/b]

LOL :p

Thanks all for the nice comments. :)

I need to find an accurate looking fedora (in the right size) to top off the display.

Cheers

Al

<div class='quotetop'>(ob1al @ Jun 27 2006, 06:17 PM) [snapback]1269531[/snapback]</div>
I need to find an accurate looking fedora (in the right size) to top off the display.[/b]

Hmmm... now where would you go to find a fedora? :unsure ;) :angel

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back