Howard bust painting

Extreme Gravity

Hey everyone, I hope this is in the right place.
I finally got to painting my Howard bust last week. Now, I've never touched an airbrush before this. I figured since the airbrushing around here was so nice, I'd give it a go and bought a cheap $20 brush off ebay (might as well have thrown $20 down a toilet, I wish I bought a better one).
So anyways enough rambling. Pictures:
(Ignore the mushroom and lunch money if you can)
IMG_0343.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

I ****** up terribly on trying to repaint the eyebrows, mandibles, and cheeks.
IMG_0322.jpg

IMG_0345.jpg

IMG_0344.jpg

As you can see I also screwed up the teeth trying to make them look more realistic and ivory, and the cheeks. Hoping to fix all of these problems this weekend.
I would appreciate any advice/tips anyone could just drop in. Criticism is welcome as well.
Thanks for viewing

Not bad for a 1st try. Keep in mind that you can always repaint over it and start over. And you can airbrush the base coats while leaving the spots to do with a handbrush

Glad you found it useful The big thing for me was knowing I could repaint anything I wasn't COMPLETELY happy with. Thats the freedom of paint - you can paint over it again and again! So with that said, feel free to have fun with it and paint over anything you aren't happy with :rolleyes:

Try some small paint brushes. Art Media has a pretty decent selection of those. I'd imagine for more peace of mind, you'd go with something that's less flimsy under pressure. Unless of course you're careful and try to be as gentle with the pressure from your hand as possible,

Great job so far!!!

As far as the vessels in the mouth go, I simply used a red fine-point Sharpie for the majority of mine. I did mine in multiple layers--after each layer I would mist my base color of the mouth over the veins, and then add another layer with the Sharpie. The result is the appearance of multiple layers of depths for different veins.

Good luck!

eye of the tiger detail brush set is really great and its only three bucks on amazon for tiny blood vessels or even gettin yarn and pulling individual fibers out of it then using liquidex gloss sealer you can seal them in and its a great look

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back