How to Train your Dragon Live action show

This will need to get moved to the Entertainment section.

But yeah, it was one of the bigger animated movies of last year, pleasingly...they're working on a TV show and TWO theatrical sequels. Couldn't be happier.

Except that you STILL cannot buy a 3-D bluray edition of the film. Not without buying a $400 Samsung hardware pack that it's bundled with, at least.

Infuriating!!!!!!!!!!!

I did say "couldn't be happier"! :p

I'm really pleased that they're going with sequels. Didn't expect that movie would do so well. More art books, more REALLY GOOD 3D (top of the range, IMO), same excellent cast and crew - win!!

There, positive enough now? :)

Good. Now, these are done by an Australian company. I'm in one of the five big Australian cities. My boy is a ridiculously over-the-top HTTYD fan. He'd die to see this...do you think they'll tour here? Will they hell, the closest Walking With Dinosaurs got was Adelaide.

Ahhh just can't help myself. :p

No, it's a Deadly Nadder. The one Astrid rides. It's a GREAT translation to live-action, IMO!

So, er, what happened to Zyler17, then? :lol

Good to see the mods have put things to rights in the Movies forum. What a stupid stunt that was, tantamount to vandalism.

Eh, there are times I wish I lived on the other side of the country - many big shows tour Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane and don't bother with other capitals at all, this one's no exception.

On the plus side, the 3D BR is FINALLY out of that &**^%$RSF^ing Samsung exclusive hardware bundle. There's still griping however, here's an example from an Amazon reviewer:

"This is a prime example if why 3D is having trouble taking off for home viewing. Dreamworks's decision to hold back so long on releasing this film on Blu-Ray 3D was almost as painful as the version we did finally get. Sure, it's great to have it in 3D, but with no special features, and only available at Best Buy it is almost insulting. The film is great and the best 3D I have ever seen so it's a must own if you have a 3DTV, I can only hope Dreamworks wakes up and gives it the proper release it deserves. "

So they're still milking this whole "exclusive" crap that is strangling the life out of home 3D. Idiots. There's a lot of complaint about the Amazon price point too, not sure why, $30.99 seems like a good price for a BluRay to me. You guys would fall over and die of stickershock if you moved to this country. :p

I saw it last week. We took my 5 year old daughter. It was very cool.

One of the best moments I though involved Hiccup suspended by wires "running" through a moving scene project on a wall. It was a view from slightly behind and above in old school video games. Really well done.

They definitely went for a less cartoony and more "realistic" look with the dragons.

It was definitely worth seeing

Eh, there are times I wish I lived on the other side of the country - many big shows tour Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane and don't bother with other capitals at all, this one's no exception.

On the plus side, the 3D BR is FINALLY out of that &**^%$RSF^ing Samsung exclusive hardware bundle. There's still griping however, here's an example from an Amazon reviewer:

"This is a prime example if why 3D is having trouble taking off for home viewing. Dreamworks's decision to hold back so long on releasing this film on Blu-Ray 3D was almost as painful as the version we did finally get. Sure, it's great to have it in 3D, but with no special features, and only available at Best Buy it is almost insulting. The film is great and the best 3D I have ever seen so it's a must own if you have a 3DTV, I can only hope Dreamworks wakes up and gives it the proper release it deserves. "

So they're still milking this whole "exclusive" crap that is strangling the life out of home 3D. Idiots. There's a lot of complaint about the Amazon price point too, not sure why, $30.99 seems like a good price for a BluRay to me. You guys would fall over and die of stickershock if you moved to this country. :p

I pretty much feel the 3rd D isn't necessary at all. When it's affordable for a 3D or holo option requiring no glasses I may change my tune, but to me it doesn't improve the film to a point where it's a necessity.

I LOVE Blu-Ray though!!!!!!

Have you seen this film in 3D? If not then you should. 3D isn't necessary but nor is it intrinsically a gimmick. It can be used as one, or it can be used as it is in this film, as an enhancement. Honestly, it's still the best use of the tech I've yet seen. Give it a try, it's beautiful.

Thanks for the reminder btw, I still haven't picked up a copy. Just got used to thinking 'HTTYD 3D isn't available, oh well'.

Still no tour dates for my side of Australia, looks like my family won't be getting to see this show. Grumble mutter grumble.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back