how to sculpt a predator?

CreatureCreator

Sr Member
hey,

as some of you know i am planning on making a predator bust from the new movie, i only dont know how you need to sculpt the head and mandibles, do you need to seperate them or anything because of the molding.

JB

Well, unfortunately there's no "How-To" guide for sculpting a Predator. I've attempted two heads already, and each time I figure out ways to do things, and learn more about the art itself. So, basically, it's a trial and error thing. But, at the risk of sounding corny, if you can visualize it you can bring it into 3D form. It may just take some work and time...yes, lot's of time.

However, if you're question is more of a technical one, that I will try my best to answer it. From what I understand, the mandibles weren't sculpted onto the heads because it had something to do with adding the animatronic bits. I'm sure that molding it without the mandibles was smoother as well. However, there are some members here who've done sculpts with the mandibles on - with exception to the tusk part which would've caused molding problems. I've done mine without the mandibles because that's the way they were done by the Pro's. But you're going to use more materials that way. I.E. - one-off of the face on which to sculpt the mandibles, more molding materials etc.

Really, I would just search for some makers on the board that have some projects under their belts. My sculpts never made it to the molding stage. :lol:

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back