How to repair a fiberglass Bio helmet

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

MotoGuy75

Hello Fellow Fans,

I have an old King Jamie P1 Bio Helmet that has started to crack along the rim near the targeting device.I added a couple pics for reference.I would like to salvage the helmet,but am not sure how to repair it.Any advice would be a great help.

crackinp1bio.jpg

crackinp1bio2.jpg

Thanks Guys,Daren

crackinp1bio.jpg

crackinp1bio2.jpg

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Darkwolf1

Hello Fellow Fans,

I have an old King Jamie P1 Bio Helmet that has started to crack along the rim near the targeting device.I added a couple pics for reference.I would like to salvage the helmet,but am not sure how to repair it.Any advice would be a great help.

crackinp1bio.jpg

crackinp1bio2.jpg

Thanks Guys,Daren

If it's fiberglass you should be able to brush on a little fiberglass resin.

crackinp1bio.jpg

crackinp1bio2.jpg

xdmray

brush on the fiberglass resin on the outside and sand it down smooth. if the crack is all the way through you may want to reinforce the back side with fiberglass and matting.

MotoGuy75

Thanks for the advise guys.I picked up some fiberglass resin and will give it a go.Will let ya know the results.

Daren