How to remove air dry clay from mold?

Gato

I have finished prying apart a 2 part leg mold from Ultracal and have a lot of clay stuck in the bottom of the foot where the claws and toes are at. How can I get this stuff out of there?

1)Used some cheap air dry clay from walmart for sculpt.
2) Sprayed sculpt with clear coat.
3) Molded a 2 part Bossk leg with Ultracal 30
4) Everything peeled out easily except the area around the toes and claws. I cant get in that area too good.

Suggestions?

Get as much as you can out with wooden tools, and spray the rest out with a hose.

You probably don't want that clay drying in the mold, it may lock up and then you're never getting it out.

Ive been scraping it away while I was waiting for someone to reply. I got most out, but the claws have clay in and not coming out. Thanks for the tip. Now Im going for the hose. :)

Glad you got it sorted. Good luck casting, and don't forget to post your work here if you haven't already. I'm sure we'd all love to see it!

Will do. Gonna let the mold dry and get some more latex first. I dont think I have enough to cast right now.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back