How to paint a silicone 1/6 body ?

Codsworth

Hello,

I don't really know where ask my question, but I was advised on Sideshow Freaks to come here to have opinions from people more talented than me. :p

In short, I would like to paint a Phicen body in silicone, a 1/6 body, in blue, because I want to realize a custom Sylvanas Windrunner of the universe Warcraft.

So I've seen several techniques, one based on Watercolor, where apparently, I just have to wet the body and apply Watercolor, and the result looks pretty good on the pictures but I'm afraid the color doesn't hold.

And other techniques, more expensive and complicated, with silicone-based paint. But I'm afraid that with paint, it crackles with time.

However, I am pretty lost, I would like a simple method for someone as inexperienced as me, I don't usually do customs.

Thank you !

Look up smooth-on products - they have a series of paint products made for silicone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mix a bit of silicone caulk, oil paints and nafta or white spirit. That makes a fine home made silicone paint

What Yarko said above, thats how i've always done it and its worked great! Also lucky you with a phicen doll... wanted one for ages! Post pics of the finished repaint?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back