How to paint a P2 hero bio!!.

Invisible Killer

Hi all.I have to start to paint a P2 hero bio and I would like to give it this movie accurate finish.

Any tip?

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by a moderator:
hello

nucking futs paints these really well, if i remember correctly he starts off wit a matalic gold paint over all of it
then get a sponge and sponge it with browns and blacks and then brown again untill satisfied with the result
then seal it, comes out looking really good and close to the pic.

pm him and he can probably help you out

It all comes down to personal preferences. I just took about 5 shades of copper and gold, and added black in the mix for dulling down recessed areas.

Came out pretty alright, but might want to try a more gold/chrome look om some highlights.

Foremost, it's a GREAT START!

1. Layers: Your palette is great, but remember, things age and tarnish randomly. Thus, layers. Take your palette and bounce back and forth with the colors in the various areas, to give it more dimension in the tarnished ares.

2. Fading out: IMHO, the colors change too abruptly from one to the next. If you are using acryllics, use damp sponges (Completely squeezed) and paper towels to remove paint along the edges, to better fade it in. Also, when using sponges, keep in mind that manufactured sponges are too perfect and if you are not careful, the pattern that the manufacturer creates can be seen. Thus, some people use sea sponges, which are more eratic by nature. I simply took a pair of scissors and went ******* on a Scotchbrite sponge (The ones with a green backing) and cut into it to eliminate the manufactured pattern.

3. As Hez shows in his painting videos, a great way to add depth with rattle cans, is before the metallic paint dries, take the green scouring side of a scotchbrite sponge and scuff the paint. Doing this at different times, with different levels of pressure, will produce varied results. You can easily get multiple shades, sheens, out of one color, using this method.

4. It's only paint and can always be painted over and, damn it, painting it is the fun part, anyway!

Looking forward to your update!

I start off with matalic gold paint for base color the I use a dark copper color then black and copper again and just go a few shades of light copper and brass then a black wash here are a some of my bios everything is sponge no airbrushing at all

Here is the one that Dan review for me

nf_p2bio_01-1.jpg

nf_p2bio_03-1.jpg

nf_p2bio_06.jpg

nf_p2bio_02-1.jpg

and one I did for a costumer

117815610z6ZZl3fDIMG_7509.jpg

1178156179dDiUgQMIMG_7519.jpg

117815616Dg9rhbpuIMG_7518.jpg

117815613I9tFYjFCIMG_7514.jpg

117815614a1NT3PugIMG_7515.jpg

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back