How to make Wolfman plaster footprint casts

Blad

Sr Member
This took 30 minutes to make including getting a box of soil and waiting for the crystalcast to set.

Custom 'Wolfman' footprint cast.

This is based on my own UK size 12, whether I actually have claws is open to question, but you're all welcome to visit any full moon. Bring barbeque sauce.

I wanted the impression to be of the front part of the foot only, as this is meant to mimic the ballet-dancer stance of the Dog Soldiers werewolf.

I also made a mini version using my wolf-daughter.

I got the idea after watching a Bigfoot documentory :)

Thanks Rylo. :)

I still intend to make the 'Creature from the ID' footprint cast from Forbidden Planet and this little process has actually helped with that. I had assumed that the footprint in FP was painted, I now realise that the sand would have stuck to the plaster cast and would have given it the texture and colouration shown in the movie. If I spread sand around the mould I should get the same effect.

I hope.

NEAT. Are you selling these? If you want, I'll tell my buddies on BigfootForums.com about these.

-Sarge

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SgtFang @ Jan 11 2007, 10:43 PM) [snapback]1395390[/snapback]</div>
NEAT. Are you selling these? If you want, I'll tell my buddies on BigfootForums.com about these.

-Sarge
[/b]

Hadn't really planned on selling them, but I'm happy to do a tutorial, they really are simple to make. Would that help?

How to make CSI Style Wolfman/Bigfoot footprint casts.

Materials needed

• Plastic tray, flat, minimum 6cm high sidewalls.
• Plaster of Paris, crystalcast or crystallite.
• Fresh ground from your garden, a neighbour’s garden, from a window box, or sand.
• Pen or pencil

Werewolf prints can be made by almost any size foot including children; Bigfoot prints need (unsurprisingly) big feet.

For my Werewolf casts I wanted the impression to be of the front part of the foot only, as this is meant to mimic the ballet-dancer stance of the ‘Dog Soldiers’ style Werewolf.

You or your victim/volunteer needs to be barefoot.

1. Fill the tray with sand or ground to a depth of about 5cm leaving about a centimetre clearance at the top of the tray, make sure the material is damp so that it keeps its shape, but not wet, and although you want a reasonably flat surface you do not want to compact the material down too hard.

2. Step into the tray with one foot on tiptoes, press down hard, when you lift your foot out, try to roll it forward slightly as if you were walking forwards.

3. Take your pen or pencil and make impressions in the toe holes – these are your ‘claws’.

4. Take your mixed Plaster of Paris or crystallite (just follow the instructions on the packet) and carefully pour into the impression you have made, flood from the ball of your foot into the toe/claw holes.

5. Allow to dry.

6. Carefully remove your cast from the ground and brush off any loose material, leave for a couple of days to ensure the plaster is thoroughly dry and then brush off with a soft brush.

The ground or sand that you use will have a huge bearing on the final look of your ‘Evidence Cast’ it’s worth trying out several kinds of ground or sand to get the best look for you.

Bigfoot casts are made in a very similar way to the Werewolf casts.

For Bigfoot you need to find an adult with large feet – luckily my UK size 12’s are ideal for this (my wife says I have hobbit feet already but that’s another story)

1. Fill the tray with sand or ground to a depth of about 5cm leaving about a centimetre clearance at the top of the tray, make sure the material is damp so that it keeps its shape, but not wet, and although you want a reasonably flat surface you do not want to compact the material down too hard.
2. Step into the tray with one foot spreading your toes as wide as possible, press down hard, when you lift your foot out, try to roll it forward slightly as if you were walking forwards.

3. BigfootÂ’s foot is supposed to be longer than a normal human foot and the arch is flatter. So carefully put your heel back into your imprint about 10cm further back than your existing heel impression, press down lightly and try to give yourself a new heel. The results so far will look odd so carefully flatten out the arch and any odd looking parts of your heel with the fleshy part of your palm.

4. Take your mixed Plaster of Paris or crystallite (just follow the instructions on the packet) and carefully pour into the impression you have made, flood from the ball of your foot into the toe/claw holes.

5. Allow to dry.

6. Carefully remove your cast from the ground and brush off any loose material, leave for a couple of days to ensure the plaster is thoroughly dry and then brush off with a soft brush.

The ground or sand that you use will have a huge bearing on the final look of your ‘Evidence Cast’ it’s worth trying out several kinds of ground or sand to get the best look for you.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back