How To Make: Resident Evil T-Virus Vial Carry Case (from Movie)

texeon

Hi Everyone,

I am currently in the process of making 1:1 film accurate replicas of the T-Virus vials, but I would like as my next project to create the carry case as seen in the video below, and the attached images:

Reference video, watch from 2:13 up until 2:29

resident_evil___t_virus_by_dracu_teufel666-d45c6n7.jpg

b29977Resident_Virusbox2f219.jpg

s39995Resident_Virusbox1s219.jpg

u16872Resident_Virusboxo219.jpg

The main things I see myself up against are:
  • Making the case itself, I assume it will require a lot of machining
  • Making the electronic drawer/dolly mechanism
  • Acquiring and embedding the motorised 'levels' on the corners of the case
Would anyone happen to have any guides, tutorials, tips or resources I can look at to begin planning or working on this, especially for the case itself and the metal work?

Thank you very much :)

I would ask If you have the tools needed for the task? Or are you planning to out source the machining work required?

I would ask If you have the tools needed for the task? Or are you planning to out source the machining work required?

No unfortunately, I don't have most tools given as I don't have a toolshed (live in an apartment). I know I would probably need a CNC router or mill (or both). I've been doing some research and this might be an option, mind you it's just a reference for products . The problem with this kind of project is obviously the investment required even to prepare to build something like this.

I'm hoping to find out from you guys the kinds of tools and skills needed to do any of the work, just so I have a starting point to go from :)

Thanks for replying.

You're welcome hopefully somebody more knowledgeable than I will chime In.
Looks like CNC and milling would have to be Involved. Maybe just CNC. Pretty cool project. Hope It goes well for you. Just air on the side of caution and do your home work on whom ever you get to do the work for you.

And of course keep us updated

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back