How to make EVA foam piping details?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

takaaaa

Greetings,
I was wondering if there was a simple way to make rounded piping details with eva foam? kind of like the things circled in red

I know that clay would be easier, but i had problems in the past with doing this with clay. So I was wondering if there was an easy way to make this from eva foam?
besides cutting out strips and sanding the corners while keeping all our fingers. Do they sell like thin craft foam noodles or something? I searched and searched but came up empty handed...

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Azzabat

Have you tried neoprene tubing? The sort for radiator hoses or gas bottles. You can get it in sizes from 1/16" to 1".

pandatrooper

Maybe cut them out of styrene sheet and bevel the edges? Or but half round profile styrene stock tube etc. from Plastruct etc.

Or model and print them in 3D. More sharp and accurate.

crypto

Gap filler rod ! it's a foam tube used to fill large gaps before the flexable sealant is applied.

It come in various diameters.

191610lrg.jpg
images c.jpg