How to Glue Felt Inside a Bio?

PredatrHuntr

Master Member
I want to glue felt on the inside of a Bio to get rid of the roughness. I've dremmeled most of the rough parts but I figured that if I glued some felt on the inside it would eliminate the rough parts altogether.

For glue I have crazy glue, Gorilla glue and rubber cement. Has anyone else done the same thing and what did you find that worked the best?

I want to glue felt on the inside of a Bio to get rid of the roughness. I've dremmeled most of the rough parts but I figured that if I glued some felt on the inside it would eliminate the rough parts altogether.

For glue I have crazy glue, Gorilla glue and rubber cement. Has anyone else done the same thing and what did you find that worked the best?

I attached felt to fiberglass and what I found to work the best was Devcon Weldit adhesive. It is usually sold at hardware stores. Superglue tends to soak through the felt material discoloring it. You can easily fix this by coloring the felt afterwards with a black sharpie and it looks fine. The Weldit left no discoloration and does not soak through. It takes a little longer than superglue to dry though. I used this to add felt pads to the arms of my life size Bruce Hahsing robocop since it was also rough and not very presentable. Here is a picture of the result.

100_0760.jpg.gif

Hope this helps. By the way the right arm was done using superglue and coloring it afterwards with the sharpie. The left arm was done using the Weldit. Both work though in the end result.

Note to self - don't use krazy glue - it leaves white residue on the felt which also leaves it hard and crunchy. Not to mention the smell will kill 10,000 brain cells each minute...

Contact cement (Barge brand) or Dap Weldwood will work, I used it to glue some material on the inside of my mesh lenses so the edges would'nt poke my face....

material was black velvet :) but I got it at a store that sells material by the pound, so it was cheap

---
Ei'luj

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back