How to get MPP more screen accurate?

Loyalty4Life

Looking to get some help to make Korbanth’s MPP more screen accurate for ANH and ESB. I’m assembling both kits.

For both versions, how do I get the clamp tighter? The bubble strip is not wide enough to stay in place. Always slips out. Any good solutions?

For ESB, what screw is out there for the clamp lever replacement?

Anything else I should need to know for more screen accuracy? I have consulted the pictures from the PDF lightsaber guide.

Thanks!

The Korbanth MPP is actually less accurate then the FX version, especially when compared to the MR ESB V1 FX, it has an authentic clamp while the later versions and the anh had the cheap dumb down version.

The Korbanth is missing the letters around the holes and the pin holes left behind the nameplate the originals had. The MR has both of those details. The last thing is the d ring is tiny as hell on it. I never seen one in person but I dont see that D ring with the large ass knob right there fitting on a saber hook. I know that d ring is smaller then the MR.

For accuracy they ESB V1 is the one to track down. That can be modded to be one of the most accurate replicas out there. The only mod that can not be done is the positioning of the grips and the length of them because of where they were mounted to tube and where the hole for the switch was made.

But what I did with mine aside from the conversion to a tri cree LED was replace the fake looking wires with real ones and the correct color. I replaced the grips from Wanna Wanga so they would not taper on the corners and so they would not have that manufactured look the stock grips do, I mean by the shape to fit flat on the end of the hilt, they need to flair out some as the original T tracks were not fitted in such a manner on the original prop.

I had forgotten how good those '05 MR ESB FX Vaders were. Easy to convert to in-hilt LED and super accurate for what they were. A real gateway drug that one. Here's mine:

IMG_1757.JPG

Here's a good thread on that model:

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=238269

If you want something more accurate sell it and get a Roman MPP. For getting the bubble strip to stay, I just put a couple layers of clear packing tape on the back until it's thick enough to stay put

Looking to get some help to make Korbanth’s MPP more screen accurate for ANH and ESB. I’m assembling both kits.

For both versions, how do I get the clamp tighter? The bubble strip is not wide enough to stay in place. Always slips out. Any good solutions?

Anything else I should need to know for more screen accuracy? I have consulted the pictures from the PDF lightsaber guide.

Thanks!

I have one of Roman’s flashguns and I love it. I really was debating getting an MPP but honestly it’s not cheap, and I wanted to get another flashgun too bc of his May 4th pricing. Honestly I was a little worried about putting the grips on right. After reading this thread I thought of (for now) picking up an MR ESB saber and pulling the blade. Possibly putting an led in the hilt.

Well I looked on eBay and ended up winning a 2005 ESB for less than &100. Now I can get another flashgun and have this mpp to play with too. Down the line I’d still like to grab a Roman MPP to make an ANH version

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Thanks!

https://thesaberarmory.com/product-category/accessories/mpp-accessories/

He's got everything you'd need to accurize the MPP 2.0. But if you want really accurate you should go with Roman Props MPP.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back