How to display HP brooms?

msisaac

For Christmas, I received two lifesize replicas of the Nimbus 2000 and Firebolt brooms from Cinereplicas. They're incredible and I want to display them in my room, but I have limited wall space. I want to hang them, one on each side of my TV cabinet, both pointing straight up with the bristles at the bottom. The problem is that I can't think of any elegant way to hang them securely. The upper handles have nothing to grab on to. The only thing I can think of is having a heavy hook that can hold onto the "stirrups" on the broom.

Has anyone here mounted an HP broom to the wall in a straight up-and-down fashion?

You could paint up one of these holders to look more HPish:

2658-med.jpg

740-072.jpg

KX009%20Broom%20and%20Tool%20Holder%202%20C.jpg

Lifesize brooms are damn expensive but awesome!

The last option posted is easy, but not quite elegant. I like the first option though...

if it's me, I made a couple of hooks in wood, (custom to the proper part of the broom) and thats all., you can tint it, to make contrast or match the broom. Or something like like this

wooden_hooks.jpg

I know it is not the direction you were looking to hang it, but here is how I display mine. I used fishing line on hooks.

IMG_1281.jpg

I personally think it would be awesome if you could find a pair of gloves that would look like quidditch gloves mounted on either a mannequin arm or even a wire frame so that it looked as if the gloved hands were holding the brooms.

I'm kind of leaning toward doing something similar to a billiards cue rack. A wood board with a round opening at the top large enough for the head of the broomstick and large hooks at the bottom that can attach to the metal stirrups. Anchor the whole thing to some studs in the wall and it should provide a nice display while still allowing the brooms to be removed.

I do like the natural wood hook idea from 666. The glove holding the broom is a pretty wicked idea, too. I thought about hanging the brooms from the ceiling, but my room is too small. I'd be bumping into those things all the time!

I hooked these up. Bought a couple of blank wood sign boards, stained them, printed out a Hogwarts crest and glued it onto the board, then polyurethaned everything. The rectangular board is for three wands, once I can get some larger brass hooks. The long boards are for the brooms. I'm going to screw these boards to some studs in the wall. I am going to use some dowels as hooks.
photo-1.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

photo3.jpg

Geeze! I didn't even know there were such nice looking replicas of the brooms out there! Are those official replicas, or fan made?

Geeze! I didn't even know there were such nice looking replicas of the brooms out there! Are those official replicas, or fan made?

They're official replicas. Made by a French company called Cinereplicas. The wife bought them for me for Christmas from Amazon.co.uk. They're pretty nice and fairly inexpensive. The twigs on the ends are real and everything is real wood. The metal bands/stirrups on the Firebolt are nice. The Nimbus could be more accurate, though. The metal bands on that one need to be tweaked as they're not screwed in entirely straight underneath. Also, the "Nimbus 2000" logo on the broom handle is just painted on with some brownish/gold paint so it doesn't have the nice gold appearance like the movie broom. But all in all, I'm still very happy with them and they'll be great display pieces when I can finally get around to getting them up on the walls.

They're official replicas. Made by a French company called Cinereplicas. The wife bought them for me for Christmas from Amazon.co.uk. They're pretty nice and fairly inexpensive. The twigs on the ends are real and everything is real wood. The metal bands/stirrups on the Firebolt are nice. The Nimbus could be more accurate, though. The metal bands on that one need to be tweaked as they're not screwed in entirely straight underneath. Also, the "Nimbus 2000" logo on the broom handle is just painted on with some brownish/gold paint so it doesn't have the nice gold appearance like the movie broom. But all in all, I'm still very happy with them and they'll be great display pieces when I can finally get around to getting them up on the walls.

how is the bristles for the firebolt attached to the handle?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back