Question How to delete "conversations" or In Box mail

Luuke

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've been looking but I don't see a "delete" function for getting rid of old messages or "conversations". Can someone please help me with this?
Thanks

Capture d’écran 2019-02-22 à 00.01.11.png
here are options I see:

I can't get rid of old conversations in my list either and I've tried everything mentioned in this thread.

Never mind. I was able to get them off of my list by using the Leave Conversations option but the semantics make it very hard to understand. Maybe you should change it to Delete Conversations so that people know exactly what is going to happen. To me Leave Conversations means to leave them on the list.

Never mind. I was able to get them off of my list by using the Leave Conversations option but the semantics make it very hard to understand. Maybe you should change it to Delete Conversations so that people know exactly what is going to happen. To me Leave Conversations means to leave them on the list.

So... they are called "Leave Conversation" because "Delete" implies they are being deleted and they are not. Conversations are now essentially the same as posts. You can leave them which removes them from your inbox but it doesn't remove it from the recipient or the server. I understand the confusion but we don't want to mislead people as they aren't deleting the convo.

So... they are called "Leave Conversation" because "Delete" implies they are being deleted and they are not. Conversations are now essentially the same as posts. You can leave them which removes them from your inbox but it doesn't remove it from the recipient or the server. I understand the confusion but we don't want to mislead people as they aren't deleting the convo.
I understand. I thought "Leave" was the same as "Delete" which is why I asked the question. I did not realize that the conversation stayed forever.

On another note I did not receive an email notifying me you had quoted me. I think I'm not going to worry about it anymore since I am notified as soon as I log in that I have been quoted and since I log in at least once a day it should be okay.

What happens of you leave a conversation, but the other person replies. Will you receive a notification? Will they know you have "left the building"?

Is there a limit to the number of conversations in one's account? Is there a benefit to leaving or not leaving a conversation?

What happens of you leave a conversation, but the other person replies. Will you receive a notification? Will they know you have "left the building"?

Is there a limit to the number of conversations in one's account? Is there a benefit to leaving or not leaving a conversation?

When you leave a convo, you are given the option to receive future messages or not. If you choose to accept future messages and the other party writes again, the message will return.

There is no limit on conversations. The benefit (at least for me) in leaving a convo is that it is just cleaner and I can find messages I still haven't answered more easily.

I will test what happens on the sender's end if a message is sent after the other party leaves the conversations with the "Ignore future messages" option. Probably nothing but your question has made me curious.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back