How to cut out replica postage stamps

Petertiger

Sr Member
Not sure if this is posted in the right section but it is paper prop related and something that i though members may be interested in, after i posted pictures of my Grail Diary packing on a Facebook forum i got a comment asking me how did i cut out the replica stamps with the perforated edge around them and this is the answer, it,s one of these sowing machines but without the cotton in it, you cut the stamps out with scissers leaving a boarder then you simple go around the edge of stamps with the sowing machine then fold along the perforated edge and rip them just like a real stamp, you can also use it for tickets and any other paper item that uses perforations,it takes a bit of practice to keep it in a straight line but i think the results look real authentic especially with postage stamp replicas all mine are done this way i did in fact buy the sowing machine 2 years ago just for doing this paid £3.95 and they are still so cheap now the eBay ad below is from today.

Attachments

• image.JPG
    image.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Not sure if this is posted in the right section but it is paper prop related and something that i though members may be interested in, after i posted pictures of my Grail Diary packing on a Facebook forum i got a comment asking me how did i cut out the replica stamps with the perforated edge around them and this is the answer, it,s one of these sowing machines but without the cotton in it, you cut the stamps out leaving a boarder then you simple go around the edge of stamps with the sowing machine then fold along the perforated edge and rip them just like a real stamp, you can also use it for tickets and any other paper item that uses perforations,it takes a bit of practice to keep it in a straight line but i think the results look real authentic especially with postage stamp replicas all mine are done this way i did in fact buy the sowing machine 2 years ago just for doing this paid £3.95 and they are still so cheap now the eBay ad below is from today.
There was some good info here:

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back