How to create a printable template from 2d image?

BlazaBass

How to create a printable template from 2d image?

How do i create a pepakura printable file?
I want to create a Ninjago lego Dragon sword and i cant find any template so i decided to create my own, the problem is that i dont have a clue.
what are my steps ?

Thx so Very Much

You'll need a 3D file to unfold in pepakura to produce a template. You can either make one yourself in pep/whatever modelling program you're familiar with or find one online.
Being a lego thing I guess it's a fairly simple design so you might be able to use smoothie-3D.com to produce your model from a picture.
There are guides online and on the forum for unfolding - google's your friend here.

I know flashforge allows you to print pictures into 3d images. Sometimes it is spot on, other times it is um...not so good. You need the 3d file to make it accurate, and that involved learning to do it or maybe request someone do it.

I'd recommend make one and use Zephyr3d to convert into an stl. You will probably spend much more time trying to do it a differently than the recommended way.

Also, you can check yeggi or thingverse for the file or a similar file and manipulate.

Attachments

• Cgi_sword_of_fire.png
    Cgi_sword_of_fire.png
    41 KB · Views: 98
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back