How to convert a 9v source to a 120volt

Jedifyfe

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys,
This question is ONLY for people that know for sure and not guesses. I don't want to destroy the lights.

I have my finished pair of NIKE MAG's and they both run on a 9v battery but I would love to run them on an outlet.

What kind of converter would I use? Is this even possible?

Here is my set up...

Dsc04559.jpg

Dsc04557.jpg

Dsc04565.jpg

Dsc04566.jpg

Just go to Radio Shack or online and get a 9 volt wall transformer. It's best to spring for a regulated transformer to keep the voltage consistent.

Radio Shack is horribly overpriced, but they are an instant solution... You can get a decent online for much cheaper, or just rummage through your junk drawer for one you might have laying around form that long forgotten device... And (as suggested above) don't even bother with an unregulated one, not worth the headache...

As has been mentioned, the wall transformers are the quickest and easiest solution. I've run car audio gear (electronic crossover) with a 240V AC ~ 13.8V DC unit for several years and never had an issue.

Thanks guys, I found this one online for $11 each and it even has the snaps already!

BE227.jpg

I've used a few of these in the past and they always worked well. Just make sure to permanently affix the slide switch to 9 volts so it can't be accidentally moved to a different voltage.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back