How to build a Predator

crawjaw

Sr Member
Hi folks

A little bit of closure for my resin cast Predator, with the production of this illustrated photobook of my building process. I've become a wee bit bored with this project and can't see me doing the armour any time soon, so I thought it might be a good idea to collect a load of my pictures together in hard copy format for posterity. It also safeguards me in case I lose all my computer files. All the artwork, photos and book design are my own and I got the book printed by an excellent company called Photobox.
The album is produced as an A4 landscape hard bound book of 44 pages and it is illustrated with over 200 photos and text kept to a minimum.

My intention is to donate a copy to our local primary school in the hope it might encourage a new generation of Predator builder. I've got a similar project to do on my Terminator build but I'll keep that for another rainy day.

Below is a snapshot of some of the pages. Hope you like.

PhotoBook_DSC2605.jpg

PhotoBook_DSC2606.jpg

PhotoBook_DSC2603.jpg

PhotoBook_DSC2608.jpg

Photobook_DSC2607.jpg

PhotoBook_DSC2609.jpg

PhotoBook_DSC2605.jpg

PhotoBook_DSC2606.jpg

PhotoBook_DSC2603.jpg

PhotoBook_DSC2608.jpg

Photobook_DSC2607.jpg

PhotoBook_DSC2609.jpg

Dude, publish this! If not get the rights protected at minimum and submit to the nearest universities fine arts section. Just think of an entire Universities sculpting student body, casting, molding and making pred suits....U can be sitting on a powder keg of potential! B)

Just got 2 copies from Photobox yesterday. Special offer of two for the price of one.
Book not intended for sale but just a record of the build for my own use. I can let anybody have the link if they wanted to buy it but be warned it's expensive at over £50. Not my price but Photobox. It would be nice if it were published but it would need a lot more work done to it particularly with the text. Can't imagine it would be in the best sellers list B)

As for a companion to my Predator Anatomy book, this one is genuine, unlike my fake effort from a few months ago. Not sure which one gave me more pleasure, as I got a real kick out of winding all you guys up.

That's the Lair in a nutshell - a fun place to be with a lot of talented guys.

Cheers.

I'll get one if u autograph it in Gold ink. Then I can fetch a better price on Ebay B) Just Kidding! This is a keeper

I've noticed a couple of badly cropped pages so Photobox are re-printing for me. I've also added page numbers and done a bit of last minute editing of text and layout. If I decide to try and hit a publisher or University I'll need to expand the methods and add more photos of materials and equipment. This has actually been quite good fun and is a change from being up to your ears in clay, plaster, latex or resin.

Thanks folks for your comments.

Hey how many copies do you think u will print. I serious want to reserve one. I'm a serious collector of books like this. I would love the newly edited stuff :p

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back