How to build a Darth Vader mannequin

Darth Kahnt

Sr Member
I am looking for help with a cost effeicent way to build a mannequin for my hero Vader costume.

Pictures, links, tutorials and any other kinds of help will be greatly appreciated.

I rigged up this Vader Display stand thing in about 15 minutes, I've got a post on the STT on how I made it and a diagram of what it is, heres how it looks right now and a link to my mini-tutorial.
http://www.sithtrainingtemple.com/phpBB2/v...opic.php?t=1208
3Medium.jpg

2Medium.jpg

1Medium.jpg

I can't get on that site as it says you need a password. So I'm not sure what you did. But I'm planning on using PVC pipe for mine. That's how I did my trooper mannequin. I wrapped it with bubble wrap to fill it out.

I have also had trouble getting an acount at the STT. I just reapplied and then hopefully I will be able to view your tutorial.

Thanks for posting the link Thrawn.

Anyone else have anything to add?

Yes, I remember that thread now.

I have a couple of bedframes here, guess I won't be throwing them away. Im going to try doing one of those myself.

I have one question though, how did you get him to stand? What did you use as a base?

The room he's in right now is so small he's just slightly leaning against a desk and shelf. When I move into my new house and have a much bigger room I will probably do something along the lines of my original idea. Which would be some sort of third leg running from the floor, up between the robe and cape and attaching at the base of the neck or something. That way it wouldn't be seen, and you wouldn't have to cut into one of the boots or anything. No kind of disc under a foot would need to be visible either. Considering the robe and cape are just the right length, you could hide it pretty effectively I think, giving it the appearance of being free-standing.

Mine came out pretty well balanced. I look forward to actually "finishing" it though.

I just wanted to bump this thread so it wouldnt fall off.

Anyone have anyhting to add? I think we should get a mannequin tutorial thread, such as this one, archieved so that it is always around.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back