How the professionals make Cybermen by Ultimate FX

Ultimate FX

As a professional company Ultimate FX thought it would be a good idea to share how Millennium FX and Ultimate FX make the cybermen come to life and terrify millions of people.

Step 1:

Acquire a body-cast of the height you want, Cybermen are around 1.91m.

Step 2:

Using clay shape the parts on the body-cast, if you find that difficult then get foam or cardboard (foam is better) place pieces of it on the body-cast and glue them together.This process is better for "squared" pieces. Do NOT build the under-suit on this body cast acquire a new one (if needed).

Step 3:

Using paint-on silicone, carefully cover one part at a time, arm,chest, etc. Only do half of the part.Then wait for it to dry.Then wet mod-rock (three rolled up sheets at a time) and place on the silicone.

Video on this process available at: BITY Mold Supply - YouTube (first video on the page).

Step 4:

Acquire silver nickel powder and pour some in, use a brush to spreed it around the mold. Then empty back into pot, (the silicone will naturally grab the needed amount).Tin 71 is better at grabing the powder than other silicone.Then pour easy-flow 60 resin in up to the top of the silicone mold.

Video on this process available at:
Mold Making and Casting: Cold Casting resin with metal powders - YouTube

Step 5:

Carefully polish and apply fast-ex clips and small tucktite NP clips to parts and your done!!!

I hope you liked this post please post feedback and anymore questions.

Hi.

First off, welcome to the forum.

I'm a little confused by your first post, to me it reads like you you had a hand in producing the cybermen suits with millennium fx. Am I reading that right?

Hi Fettster,

No Millennium FX did not help us make the cybermen, we are two separate companies however we use the same and official method of producing the cybermen costumes.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back