How Star Wars exists for me now...

Montagar

Legendary Member
Community Staff
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Having never gotten into the Star Wars EU (including animated, game and book series), this is how Star Wars exists for me now.
(in chronological order)

Rogue One
Star Wars
Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
Star Wars: Return of the Jedi
The Mandalorian
The Book of Boba Fett

Other than those listed, nothing else has happened. Although I must confess that I do have strange but very faint memories of things like Yoda using a lightsaber, a clone war ending in betrayal, lots of cringe worthy moments, and someone yelling NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... obviously in pain, but I felt nothing. Oh yeah, and something called midichlorians... but in the end, I beleive all of those are just part of some bad dream I had many years ago.

So in closing, as stated, this is how Star Wars exists for me now.

Oh and...
"He's trying to eat me..."

That is Star Wars. lol

Last edited:
Thats how it exists for me also Montagar,...but the way I deal with the PT & ST stories, they are told to me by someone not that reliable,...possibly drunk,...so I treat those stories as hearsay or rambling

J
Yep, that works just as well. (y)

That's what I'd like it to be. I always thought that ROTJ should have been two movies though. One feature length one of them tracking and rescuing Han and then another dealing with the final conflict. I think if it were made today you'd get that, a part 1 and part 2.
For me the jury is out on the Mandalorian. It's okay but it feels like the executives saying we should never had Boba Fett killed off. How can we remedy that. I think Baby Yoda limits the shows potential to be truly great - sorry. He is only there for the merchandising which is bound to follow.
Star Wars and ESB were outstanding and have lasted as great films because their content is rather adult or made to imitate real life, compare the x-wing battles etc over the death star and how that was done to look like the WW2 dog fights - brilliant R1 got that. It all went **** up for me when they dumbed it down. Kids like us back in the day can handle and relate to the Adult themes not the garbage that you get now where a single pilot shoots out every canon on a star Destroyer without help of anyone else and against a fleet of tie fighters. Oh and before that has a bumb telephone conversation in the process. It's so bad now I have no interest in the end of this saga, it ended with ROTJ.

Last edited:
this is just weird. I don't really like to get into those debate but I love more of Star Wars than you do apparently, But I don't really understand the thing with the mandalorian, yeah, it's in the star wars universe so I enjoy watching it, but this is so flat, so simple, so storyless, so gratuitous sometimes, it's a big big disapointment for me. Ok there was a first hint of something happening in chapter seven, but all the rest was really just cool for the universe, but not really interesing.

I take it you're not a fan of Samurai movies?

Mandalorian is (mostly) Lone Wolf and Cub remake, set in space.
Just like Star Wars was basically "The Hidden Fortress" but remade as a space flick...
George's movies were space-samurai flicks, all with HEAVY influences from the films of Akira Kurosawa. Not just his jidai geki, but his yakuza films as well.
This new breed of films that lacks that is just terrible and the new breed of fans that seem to have reverse engineered Harry Potter (I always joke that Harry Potter is just Star Wars for people who don't like space movies) into Star Wars and claim that it's "Just a bunch of movies about space wizards..."
Umm no.

Star Wars
Empire Strikes Back

That's it for me, and I'm pretty satisfied, except I'd like to find out if Han Solo ever gets thawed out. Oh, and the "Darth is Luke's father" thing -- I bet it's just a dark force mind ****. I'm betting the Empire wins in the end 'cause they likely contracted multiple Death Stars and they offer better pay and benefits to their workers than that silly rebel start-up.

After you read the following, picture it and try to forget it...

Wookie dandruff!

Last edited by a moderator:
If I had to pick:

Machete Order (IV, V, II, III, VI)
The Last Jedi (as an epilogue for Luke's story)
The Mandalorian

And that's it. I don't even like ROTJ all that much, but it's a crucial part of Luke's arc so it stays.

I know that I’m in the minority, but I actual like Solo.
It's a good Star Wars film that gets unfairly crapped on because it came out not long after TLJ. I had no real interest in seeing it but I was bored so i finally went to see it and I actually really enjoyed it. Yes the guy isn't Ford. No one is, but you just need to accept that. It's a good movie and I feel like he did a good version of Han Solo.

I include the PT on my list, they disappointed me in many parts but never offended me. People old enough will remember just how much smoke was blown up Georges arse after the OT. He was basically cinemas version of the Messiah and naturally this got in to his head and he thought he was infallible and got a little lazy. James Cameron has suffered similar issues. The Phantom Menace unfortunately set a tone that carried shock waves through to the other films even though they were better movies. TFA almost made the list.
SW
ESB
ROTJ
ROTS
R1
AOTC
TPM
The Mandalorian.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back